PDA

View Full Version : This Just In ....WCUB says Sox announce Tuesday Press Conference

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Just heard it on the score. There will be a Tuesday press
conference, and the guy doing the updates laughed, and said
we all know what theyre going to announce. Hopefully this
will Upstage some of the Cub Mania for their playoff game

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Boy, I hope this the long-planned announcement of the new Dippin' Dots stand on the right field concourse!!!

kittle42
09-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Dippin' Dots is the ice cream of the future.

And I really don't think that the Score is a Cub-slanted station. If anything, the Sox got more coverage over the season than the precious Cubbies.

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 04:50 PM
they did give the Sox VERY EQUAL Coverage in August, I must say.
Of course, that didnt last all season, like I wouldve preferred. Sox coverage effectively STOPPED 9/17-9/18 when they blew it against the over-achieving Twinks. This pales in comparison to
2000, when, though the SOX were on their way to the playoffs, the cubs somehow and amazingly getting 60/40 coverage on this station. The daily rants for August and September were "Whats wrong wtih the cubs" "why dont they get better players" "this team is sickening" "lousy pitching staff" "Baylor needs to go"
"Baylor the worst mgr ever" etc etc. I often wondered what it would take for them to STOP talking about the blue team and about the playoff team.

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Hangar, you're a broken record here.

I don't have the opportunity to listen to the Score anymore now that I don't have to drive as part of my commute, by my impression was that they were slightly more Sox-biased than Flubs-biased.

And really, if it bothers you that much, stop listening! Works for me.

Dick Allen
09-25-2003, 05:19 PM
I thought brain-dead radio 720 was WCUB.

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I don't have the opportunity to listen to the Score anymore now that I don't have to drive as part of my commute, by my impression was that they were slightly more Sox-biased than Flubs-biased.

I try to stop listening to sports radio and reading the newspapers, and watching the tv stations. Cant seem to escape Onslaught of Cubpoganda right now .......

pudge
09-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Hangar, at this rate you're going to hang yourself by mid-October, because I think the Cubs are going to the NLCS at least. Get over it, buddy! Focus on 2004.

:)

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Hangar, at this rate you're going to hang yourself by mid-October, because I think the Cubs are going to the NLCS at least. Get over it, buddy! Focus on 2004.

:)

I need to get out of this city for a week or so ..........
first let me go buy a Pirates and Braves caps

Chisox353014
09-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Listen to him, man. The more places you can avoid where the subject of the Flubs comes up, the better. I realize this may be difficult if you work with Flubbie fans or something, but the less Flub-Poo you dump on yourself the happier you'll be. I mean face it, word is gonna trickle down to you eventually, why seek it out? I've been ignoring TV, papers and radio since the Sox went kaput and the Flubs have gone from the proverbial Big Lizard In My Backyard to a mere fly on the wall. Yeah, I know they're there, but they don't bother me nearly as much.