PDA

View Full Version : Everett: We're better than Twins

fhqwhgads
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
This is what keeps fueling the "trash-talking" reputation of the White Sox.

Everett: We're better than Twins (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep251.html)

Make of it what you will. My apologies if I missed this already being posted somewhere.

bobj4400
09-25-2003, 12:57 PM
The sad thing is, they arent better than the Twins. They have proved this repeatedly for the last 3 years.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
NEWSFLASH!!!

"Multi-million dollar professional athlete claims he is better than his competition! Psychiatrists and child development experts agree the root cause of his delusions started with the special treatment he began receiving from others for being a star athlete, probably sometime back in grade school. They've been living a fantasy world ever since, the same one the rest of us probably abandoned after high school."

If Carl Everett would engage his brain, he would know that it's important for he and his teammates to always think these thoughts to themselves, and never speak them openly unless they've just won something significant--a division championship, for example.

If Dougie, Torii, and A.J. would engage their brain, they would snicker up their sleeve when that pimp of a manager of theirs posts Everett's comments on the bulletin board. Here's betting they won't.

Athletes can be such idiots...

jeremyb1
09-25-2003, 01:51 PM
I think its unfortunate and I'd rather we not saying anything to the Twins but I don't have too many problems with it for a few reasons:

The first is that Everett is a rent-a-player. He was only here a few months and he won't be back next season. Unfortunately I'm not sure that matters to the Twins. Our batboy could make a comment and the national media will write articles about how we're talking trash for months.

Second of all, along the lines of some of the comments we've made in the past I don't think this is a shot at the Twins. We're saying we have more natural ability yet they continue to beat us. That would seem to indicate to me that they play hard while our guys don't. They give it there all whereas we're a bunch of scewups who squandered our chances. It would seem more desirable to me to play hard than to have a lot of ability because unlike natural ability, you can control how hard you play.

KingXerxes
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have announced that they are more talented than every team which has ever graced a baseball diamond since Mr. Cartwright first wrote down the standard rules.

Said Tampa Bay manager Lou Pinella, "I believe we are easily the most talented team ever in the history of baseball, if not all of sport. The reason we expect to only win about 63 games this year is due to the fact that we don't work hard enough, don't think enough, don't care enough, and generally don't value winning as much as some lesser talented teams which are in front of us in the standings. As soon as we straighten these rather smallish problems we'll be fine."

Detroit has announced a press conference to rebut Mr. Pinella's assertions which will be held later this afternoon.

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Sorry, Carl, you're not. If you were, you'd be in first place and about to play some ballgames in October.

EOT.

fhqwhgads
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have announced that they are more talented than every team which has ever graced a baseball diamond since Mr. Cartwright first wrote down the standard rules.
Detroit has announced a press conference to rebut Mr. Pinella's assertions which will be held later this afternoon.

KingXerxes, you owe me for a dry cleaning bill. I just sprayed coffee all over the place. :D: :D:

WinningUgly!
09-25-2003, 02:45 PM
''I mean, we're a better team than Minnesota. We didn't play like it. To answer your question, that's the answer to all of it. We didn't play like we should have played against Minnesota. For a team that's not on your level to raise above you, [you] didn't play like you should of played.''

Everett has no doubt about the ability in the Sox' clubhouse.

''We have great chemistry,'' he said. ''We just have to put it together. We all know what one another can do, but at the same time you have to put it together.''

Carl's partially right. The Sox didn't play like they should/could have against Minnesota. They didn't consistently play like they should have all year long. The Sox have better players than Minnesota, but the Twins have the better team.

doublem23
09-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Hopefully this is the talk of someone expressing interest in hanging around for a while...

fquaye149
09-25-2003, 11:42 PM
wans't that taken out of context? wasn't carl just explaining an earlier comment criticising teammates for not playing hard enough(gee waht a stretch to believe the sox weren't playign hard enough!)?

can someone back me up on this?

StepsInSC
09-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Again nothing wrong this quote. Its true, who in the world can aruge that on paper the sox are a better club. I know on paper doesn't count for crap, but that was all Carl was talking about.