PDA

View Full Version : Here is a thought


KempersRS
08-29-2001, 03:43 PM
I know JM will never do this, but oh well. Since Ray is playing a little better, why not keep him in the lineup, but still use Graffy since he is red hot! But wait, where will he play? Shortstop! Come on Jerry, I know you are in love with Royce, but Graffy is red hot and you will only play him over Durham. Get a clue and get Graffy in there over Royce The Choice!

Randar68
08-29-2001, 03:44 PM
Since Ray is playing a little better, why not keep him in the lineup


What games are you watching????

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Randar68



What games are you watching????

Ray does look better and more aggressive at the plate. He is up to .259 after all, which means he is in his "HOT" period. even if he did get picked off last night at least it is an aggressive mistake.

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 04:08 PM
He is up to .259 after all, which means he is in his "HOT" period.

Can I get a "lukewarm"?

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Ray does look better and more aggressive at the plate...even if he did get picked off last night at least it is an aggressive mistake.

I tend to think of it as more of a dumb-ass Ray mistake. Ray's theme song is quickly becoming "oops, I did it again." In all fairness, Farmer and Rooney claimed that the pitcher's move was clearly a balk on the pickoff.

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago


Can I get a "lukewarm"?

No, he is HOT! At least by Ray Ray's standard...

:)

Actually he has been steadily looking better at the plate these last 10 days or so. Not amazing, but just less like a deer in the headlights. Too bad about his brainfart last night or he would have had a real good night. Hopefully he stays focused. We need his leadership and bat if we are going to do anything these last 5 weeks...

Iwritecode
08-29-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

We need his leadership and bat if we are going to do anything these last 5 weeks...

:slowswing
I just need my glove and Albert Belle's old bat!

steff
08-29-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob


I tend to think of it as more of a dumb-ass Ray mistake. Ray's theme song is quickly becoming "oops, I did it again." In all fairness, Farmer and Rooney claimed that the pitcher's move was clearly a balk on the pickoff.



Man.. you are just asking for an ass whoopin boy!!!

oldcomiskey
08-29-2001, 04:59 PM
was it a balk last year when Grace was picked off or was it just a stupid mistake

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
was it a balk last year when Grace was picked off or was it just a stupid mistake

It was a balk...

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

Man.. you are just asking for an ass whoopin boy!!!

Yowza! You just tell me when and where.
Actually, it's quite a shame that your favorite and my least liked players happen to coincide. What an unfortunate coincidence. Does it help that I was one of Ray's biggest fans up until the end of '99?