PDA

View Full Version : I know it's almost over but ...

kempsted
09-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Jerry had his last "I am not a leader" move as he is leaving it up to Buerhle weather or not to give up his spot and not pitch again so Loaiza can go for the record of 21 wins - most for a Mexican born pitcher. That should be a manager decision. Now Buehrle has to decide either to go for his 15th and look like a bad guy to Loaiza or give in and get hard feelings toward Loaiza. So Jerry is still trying to screw up the Whitesox on his way out.

chosk8
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
I don't think that's all that bad. I'm sure Loaiza would step aside for Buehrle if the situation was reversed. If Buehrle is dead set on getting number 15, I'm sure Loaiza will understand as well. For as good of a season Loaiza had this year, I don't see Buehrle having a problem with it. If it does turn out to be an issue between pitchers and there is a bunch of bickering involved, Manuel should step in and make the call. Otherwise, a class move by Manuel.

voodoochile
09-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by chosk8
I don't think that's all that bad. I'm sure Loaiza would step aside for Buehrle if the situation was reversed. If Buehrle is dead set on getting number 15, I'm sure Loaiza will understand as well. For as good of a season Loaiza had this year, I don't see Buehrle having a problem with it. If it does turn out to be an issue between pitchers and there is a bunch of bickering involved, Manuel should step in and make the call. Otherwise, a class move by Manuel.

No, this is pure Manuel madness. You don't think that win is important to Buehrle? It's a arbitration eligible season. Every extra win is money in his pocket.

:jerry
"Leadership? I am not familiar with this word. Anybody got a dictionary?"

chosk8
09-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, this is pure Manuel madness. You don't think that win is important to Buehrle? It's a arbitration eligible season. Every extra win is money in his pocket.

"Leadership? I am not familiar with this word. Anybody got a dictionary?"

I agree that the 15th win for Buehrle is important, and being so, he says to Loaiza 'hey you got your 20, but 15 means a lot to me, I'd like the start'. Case closed. I think the hatred for this man runs too deep in some people. Believe me, I don't like him either and want him gone as well, but this is nit-picking.

Just my opinion, of course.

voodoochile
09-25-2003, 11:26 AM
I agree that the 15th win for Buehrle is important, and being so, he says to Loaiza 'hey you got your 20, but 15 means a lot to me, I'd like the start'. Case closed. I think the hatred for this man runs too deep in some people. Believe me, I don't like him either and want him gone as well, but this is nit-picking.

Just my opinion, of course.

Okay, fair enough. I still say that no decent manager forces the players to make this call.

chosk8
09-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Fair enough. Honestly though, I think towards the end of the year, decisions are left up to players more often than we think, and not just by our boob.

Voodoo...thanks for your help with the 'Tags' feature about a week ago. Appreciate it.

"Hey Daubach, there's a guy on first with less than 2 outs and Paulie's trying to reach a personal goal, would you mind if he takes a crack at it?"

Jerko
09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
I thought I read Buehrle was going to have family and friends there this series since it is in his HOME STATE! What can he do? If he gives in, he deprives himself a chance to pitch in front of family and friends, thereby disappointing then. If he does not give in, he screws a teammate out of a chance to tie a record. JM, have some BALLS for once and be the bad guy! No wonder this team quits all the time!

RichH55
09-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, fair enough. I still say that no decent manager forces the players to make this call.

I've defended Jerry some times too....but I agree totally here

RichH55
09-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Fair enough. Honestly though, I think towards the end of the year, decisions are left up to players more often than we think, and not just by our boob.

Voodoo...thanks for your help with the 'Tags' feature about a week ago. Appreciate it.

"Hey Daubach, there's a guy on first with less than 2 outs and Paulie's trying to reach a personal goal, would you mind if he takes a crack at it?"

Rios has that much pull within the organization?

chosk8
09-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Today's Sun-Times....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep26.html

"It's just more important for him than me because he's had an amazing season,'' Buehrle said Thursday. "I would hope he would do the same thing for me if I was in his shoes.''

"I would love to have it and get 15 wins, but he's had a better year, so I'm going to give it to him,'' Buehrle said.

You're a class act Mark.