PDA

View Full Version : Stone & Caray. Both are now Jackasses

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Doing my laundry yesterday, had the pleasure of watching the flubs take on a bunch of guys wearing Cincinnati Red uniforms. I was told they were all former minor leaguers that were all suited up for the game. But while watching guys named Creel and Hall and Pena and Hummell playing, I overheard Stone and Caray Pontificating on the SF GIants lineup for yesterdays game against the Astros. They put a giant graph on the screen showing Tuesday nites Giants lineup, and next to it, Wednesdays Giant Lineup. Stone was talking about why SF would put out a bunch of Scrubs and "hurt the integrity of the game". My blood was BOILING RED :angry: As hes pointing out how that could hurt the game and the "playoff implications" being "affected", I see a ground ball to a Former PIRATE Ramirez, and throwing to first to another PIRATE Simon. I said to myself, that Son of a B***** has the nerve to get on his soapbox, while the very team theyre PLAYING IS RUNNING AN ENTIRE AA ROSTER TEAM OUT THERE. HEY STEVE! HOW IS THAT GOOD FOR BASEBALL??? TELL US. HOW Good is that the cubs will win their last 9 in a row or whatever PLAYING AA and AAA ROSTERS ???? How good is it for baseball that a Pitcher is Glorified for striking out 12 Triple AAA players? How good is it for baseball that the Playoffs are being DETERMINED by minor league teams like the REDS/ Mets/Pirates? F**** stone and the media favored cubs

chosk8
09-25-2003, 10:30 AM
The Giants won their division already and have every right to play whovever they want in order to get things lined up for the playoffs. They own the Cubs nor any other team anything. That is just smart baseball by the Giants.

rmusacch
09-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Doing my laundry yesterday, had the pleasure of watching the flubs take on a bunch of guys wearing Cincinnati Red uniforms. I was told they were all former minor leaguers that were all suited up for the game. But while watching guys named Creel and Hall and Pena and Hummell playing, I overheard Stone and Caray Pontificating on the SF GIants lineup for yesterdays game against the Astros. They put a giant graph on the screen showing Tuesday nites Giants lineup, and next to it, Wednesdays Giant Lineup. Stone was talking about why SF would put out a bunch of Scrubs and "hurt the integrity of the game". My blood was BOILING RED :angry: As hes pointing out how that could hurt the game and the "playoff implications" being "affected", I see a ground ball to a Former PIRATE Ramirez, and throwing to first to another PIRATE Simon. I said to myself, that Son of a B***** has the nerve to get on his soapbox, while the very team theyre PLAYING IS RUNNING AN ENTIRE AA ROSTER TEAM OUT THERE. HEY STEVE! HOW IS THAT GOOD FOR BASEBALL??? TELL US. HOW Good is that the cubs will win their last 9 in a row or whatever PLAYING AA and AAA ROSTERS ???? How good is it for baseball that a Pitcher is Glorified for striking out 12 Triple AAA players? How good is it for baseball that the Playoffs are being DETERMINED by minor league teams like the REDS/ Mets/Pirates? F**** stone and the media favored cubs

To be fair, the Reds do not have any major league players on their roster anymore.

DrCrawdad
09-25-2003, 11:12 AM

I posted a quote here yesterday about a Cubbie fan whinning about this very same thing. Of course if the Cubbies and the Astros schedules were switched you can bet that Stone, Chimp and countless mindless Cubbie fans would be complaining. "We have to play teams in contention while the Astros get to play teams that packed it in weeks ago and now are double or triple A."

I didn't hear the Dusty Baylor & Ron Slanto pregame show yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if those two fork-tongued goofs were complaining about the Astros vs. Giants too, seeing that they moaned about Morris.

ChiSoxBobette
09-25-2003, 11:30 AM

Don't you know everyone should be helping the sCrubs into the playoffs. First they whine about the Cardinals now the Giants
Stone Pony is the biggest moron in baseball next to gammons. The only thing stone is an expert on is where to pickup young boys for a night out. I hope someone on the Giants was listening to thier crap. Its amazing how they think everyone should be playing to get the sCrubs into the playoffs.

chosk8
09-25-2003, 11:38 AM
First, it was the Cardinals who weren't gonna play hard, now it's the Giants. This team and its fans are nothing but a bunch of crybabies. They are playing, argueably, the two most watered down teams in the Major Leagues outside of Detroit. It is a bad time to live in or around the city of Chicago. The bar that sponsors our softball team in Highland, IN may as well change it's name to "Cubbie Bear South". I was sick to my stomach the other night sitting in the bar after our game, listening to these clowns clapping and cheering after every out during Carrie Woods no-hit bid while the White Sox are getting drubbed by the Yankees. The only bright spot was the Wille Mo Pena 'chopper' that went for a hit. In chorus, myself and the few Sox fans around shouted, "You can cancel the post game show."

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 11:39 AM

I joked about this very thing last night, wondering how Dusty would spin the fact that the Flubs got the AA Reds (after playing the AA Mets and the AAA Pirates) while the Astros had to play the Giants and Cardinals.

Steve "Stones" is a more apt nickname after that comment. Crimony.

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 12:15 PM
thats too bad, Ive ALWAYS thought highly of Stone. Even when he left, I thought it was too bad. But something happened to that Wuss when he was retired. All of a sudden, he was longing for his job back. He guest starred on a few telecasts, and he wasnt the same. Instead of being a good color guy with a lot of insite, I noticed he was just HAPPY TO BE BACK, and was definitely becoming a COMPANY MAN, and a "HOMER". Thats not what made him a good announcer and this 2nd time around, hes not the same guy. Now hes just as much a BOOB as Caray and Santo are. Hughes, if he remains in that booth any longer with Santo, is only going to get worse, as I see him a Clown from time to time. Too bad for them, good for us right? well yes and no. THe media will ignore it. Stone is Officially a JackBag in my eyes now. Cant believe I said that

TDog
09-25-2003, 12:27 PM
... "hurt the integrity of the game...

Let's see, the Cubs down the stretch play teams that have been allowed to divest themselves of the bulk of their major league talent, and the league managers have been given a directive not to request umpires check the bat of the Cubs' big hitter AFTER he was caught using an illegal bat.

Only something very, very bad happening to the Cubs will restore integrity to their little corner of the game.

LemmeHearYa
09-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I posted a quote here yesterday about a Cubbie fan whinning about this very same thing. Of course if the Cubbies and the Astros schedules were switched you can bet that Stone, Chimp and countless mindless Cubbie fans would be complaining. "We have to play teams in contention while the Astros get to play teams that packed it in weeks ago and now are double or triple A."

I didn't hear the Dusty Baylor & Ron Slanto pregame show yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if those two fork-tongued goofs were complaining about the Astros vs. Giants too, seeing that they moaned about Morris.

:troll

Nobody cares here what you idiots think about what we think about your idiot announcers. Go post it on a flubbie board...

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LemmeHearYa
This is without a doubt the dumbest complaint made by Cub haters (ie..Sox fans..Card Fans...etc..). Look....the Cubs, Cardinals, and Astros...all played the same teams....(apart from interleague play)...just at different times! Understand? Get it? The fact that the Cubs are playing who they are playing right now...is no fault of thiers...or anyone elses. The Astros are playing Milwaukee now....thats fine....it doesnt matter.

I'll bite, troll.

Did it ever cross your mind that the Reds team the Astros played earlier in the year is maybe a tad different than the AA squad the Flubs are currently playing?

Fine, I realize that the schedules of all divisional teams are MOSTLY equivalent. But down the stretch, there is a huge, huge difference between having to play playoff-contending teams (like the Astros have gotten lately) and teams that have absolutely nothing to play for or have gutted their rosters with trades (e.g. the Reds).

For Steve Stone to bitch about the Giants resting some of their vets for one stinking game is the height of stupidity, considering the gift schedule the Flubs have gotten down the stretch.

p.s. I hope the Flubs choke in historic fashion this weekend.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Peter Brown an unbiased sports guy on The Sporting News radio network was talking about that this morning.

He said if Cub fans complain about the Giants lineup yesterday to remind them that Barry Bonds pinch hit in a 2-1 game in the 9th inning. He also said Cub fans should remember that the two teams they are playing the Reds and Pirates gave up at the All Star Break and are now playing guys wearing uniform numbers in the 50's and 60's, the same uniforms you see on guys in spring training who aren't going to be with the big club for very long.

He also said to give the Cubs credit, they are beating the teams they have to and should beat down the stretch.

Lip

Hullett_Fan
09-25-2003, 01:26 PM
I agree that the Cubs, Stone and Caray shouldn't complain about who SF puts on the field. If Alou wants to rest his guys for the playoffs that's fine, it is a veteran team (however he's giving up home field in NLCS and risks having the bats go cold...that's his call).

I don't agree that the Cubs overwhelmingly benefit by having an easier schedule. The Reds are decimated by injuries. If those guys were in the lineup, they'd be as good as the Tigers and Indians despite trading away some pitchers. It's same situation Twins had this year. they beat the weak teams we couldn't beat earlier in the year.

Jim Hendry is exec. of the year for robbing the Pirates and making it easier to beat them later in the season when his team happens to play them. Brilliant.

Caray is a goof, but Stone is one of the best analysts in the game (makes DJ look like a dunce).

white sox bill
09-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Does anybody know when the Scrubs will start geting back some of thier bad karma?

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
Does anybody know when the Scrubs will start geting back some of thier bad karma?

Its coming. They'll get it for robbing other teams, almost at gunpoint (teams had no choice but to unldd them supposedly)
and giving nothing away in return, because of the Pirates circumstances. Is this what baseball is supposed to be like?

Hangar18
09-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

Jim Hendry is exec. of the year for robbing the Pirates and making it easier to beat them later in the season when his team happens to play them. Brilliant.

Giving Hendry Credit for Ripping several teams off, Is like giving a an Ex-Con credit for being able to Steal a Lexus

JC456
09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
To be fair, the Reds do not have any major league players on their roster anymore.

That's why the integrity of the game is gone. Look at Pittsburgh and look at Cincinnati. They were allowed to deal almost every quality player. That shouldn't be allowed. The Cubs played the Mets, who anyone can beat today, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh to close out their season. Is this a conspiracy to allow the teams the Cubs will play to empty their rosters before they play them? I say no. This shows no integrity to the game and I have no respect for their pennant win if it occurs, because the beat no one and were handed the division. It's a shame.

How many of the initial Cubs have made contributions down the stretch? one or two everyday players the main contibutors has been Pittsburgh's ex players. Three of them now start for the Cubs. So is it the Cubs or the Pirates we're watching. Gag me with a spoon that this is a good Cubs team. It was a good Pittsburgh team that got sold to the Cubs for the division.

34 Inch Stick
09-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill

100 years of bad baseball would seem to be getting it back. However the Cubs have made a heaven out of their hell. Like Homer when the devil tried to drive him crazy by stuffing him with doughnuts.

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JC456
That's why the integrity of the game is gone. Look at Pittsburgh and look at Cincinnati. They were allowed to deal almost every quality player. That shouldn't be allowed. The Cubs played the Mets, who anyone can beat today, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh to close out their season. Is this a conspiracy to allow the teams the Cubs will play to empty their rosters before they play them? I say no. This shows no integrity to the game and I have no respect for their pennant win if it occurs, because the beat no one and were handed the division. It's a shame.

How many of the initial Cubs have made contributions down the stretch? one or two everyday players the main contibutors has been Pittsburgh's ex players. Three of them now start for the Cubs. So is it the Cubs or the Pirates we're watching. Gag me with a spoon that this is a good Cubs team. It was a good Pittsburgh team that got sold to the Cubs for the division.

Unless the Pirates could be shown to have blacklisted every other team in baseball, I think "that dog don't hunt" when it comes to this argument.

Look, the Flubs fleeced a lot of teams this year. More power to 'em. They also fleeced the Dodgers in the Hundley deal. These are all contributing factors to them still being in the race.

DrCrawdad
09-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide
:troll

This is without a doubt the dumbest complaint made by Cub haters (ie..Sox fans..Card Fans...etc..). Look....the Cubs, Cardinals, and Astros...all played the same teams.... (apart from interleague play)... just at different times! Understand? Get it? The fact that the Cubs are playing who they are playing right now...is no fault of thiers...or anyone elses. The Astros are playing Milwaukee now....thats fine....it doesn't matter.

Reading and comprehension are skills that LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide hasn't quite developed. No doubt that's the result of being reared a Cubbie fan.

LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide, it's your Festive Boyz In Cubbie Blue and their fans and announcers that are doing the majority of the crying.

The Astros beat the Cards one game, Cubbie morons cry. The Astros win one against the Giants, Cubbie fans cry. The Sox win two series against your fey team and Dusty Baylor, Slanto and Cubbie fans are crying about Sox celebrations.

LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide, what will be the cry of complaint from the dopes in blue if your team gets knocked out by the lowly, dismantled Pirates?

BTW, LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide I always hear that Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox. So why are you lurking and posting here on a Sox board?

TDog
09-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
BTW, LemmeTakeOneInTheBackSide I always hear that Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox. So why are you lurking and posting here on a Sox board?

Clearly many Cubs fans take as much delight in seeing the Sox lose as they do in seeing their team win. While they pretend to ignore us, they resent us. Frankly, Sox fans have more reason to resent Cubs fans.

In 1969, I was hassled at Wilbur Wright Jr. High School in Munster, Ind., because I was a Sox fan who didn't care about the Cubs. That fall I discovered the enjoyment of watching Cubs fans suffer.

In August, the Cubs fan in my office suggested to me that the Sox should just leave Chicago. I'm not really sure why, but I am hoping to see him suffer.