PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for the Yankees

MarqSox
09-25-2003, 08:10 AM
As bizarre as this is, I've decided that if the Flubs somehow make the playoffs, I'm gonna become a Yankees fan. Just for the playoffs, mind you. But the way I figure it, the best way to assure that the Flubs don't win it all is to make sure they play the 26-time champions. I'm confident that the Giants and/or Braves will make quick disposal of the baby bears, but on the off chance they don't, the last thing I want is to see the freegin' Twinkies playing on the North Side in a month. That could get scary ...

jortafan
09-25-2003, 09:26 AM
I don't have a problem with you wanting to back the Yankees for the playoffs (I've never seen the point of Yankee-bashing), but if you're really looking for someone to back, what about Oakland?

They're due, and they have the talent to win the whole thing. Maybe the Athletics deserve some support for the next few weeks.

Besides, I can only think of one negative aspect to Oakland winning a pennant, and that's if the San Francisco Giants win their pennant. We'd have to put up with those ridiculous two-team caps they wear out there in the Bay area, and a whole bunch of clowns rooting for both teams.

As a Chicago native, that is just something I'll never understand.

MarqSox
09-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by jortafan
I don't have a problem with you wanting to back the Yankees for the playoffs (I've never seen the point of Yankee-bashing), but if you're really looking for someone to back, what about Oakland?
I like the A's, but without Mulder, I'm not convinced they have the horses to win the WS. I would be much more confident putting the fate of the flubs in the hands of the Yankees than the A's ... the Red Sox and Twins, forget it.