Now, the Twins, they got my respect.

Oh yeah, and the Tiggers :?:

TDog
09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Beat them both 4 out of 6.

I lost track of how the Sox did against the Tigers this year, but I saw six of the games between the teams at the Cell, and a Joe Crede home run in something like the 12th one Sunday gave the Sox four out of the six. The 1-0 loss was painful to sit through.

I am guessing our winning percentage against the Yankees isn't much different than our winning percentage against the Tigers.

jabrch
09-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by TDog I am guessing our winning percentage against the Yankees isn't much different than our winning percentage against the Tigers.

And there is something fundamentally wrong with that. The Tigers are the worst team in the game. We should have won 100% (or close to it) of those games.

Bottom line...Twins beat us, head to head, 5 in a row when it mattered most. under .200 averages for Mags, Konerko and Frank in September Vs Minnesota. Not good....

This chaps my hide...

chisoxt
09-25-2003, 04:55 AM

This is true, but with the additions the Cubs have made with Lofton, Ramirez and Simon, they are a much different team.

I think the the Pirates all but handed the Cubs the Division with those trades, and the funny thing is, they got zilch in return.

Dan H
09-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
This is true, but with the additions the Cubs have made with Lofton, Ramirez and Simon, they are a much different team.

I think the the Pirates all but handed the Cubs the Division with those trades, and the funny thing is, they got zilch in return.

That is the trouble with baseball today. The Pirates did give the Cubs a load of talent. Then the the Pirates, along with the Reds, are not competiive. The Pirates held their own against the Cubs, but the Reds have been pathetic. So in the middle of division races, you have these weak teams who get slaughtered either because they started the year rebuilding or dumped veterans. But you have to hand it to the Cubs. They have won when they needed to including four of five from St. Louis. That is what the Sox should have done to Minnesota.

Foulke You
09-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt

Yes, but don't forget that the Cubs played us BEFORE we added Everett, Robbie Alomar, Scott Sullivan, and Schoenweiss and we still took 4 out of 6 from them and it would have been 5 had Jerry Manuel left Bartolo in the last game at Wrigley.

Dan H
09-25-2003, 05:09 PM
It really doesn't matter that the Sox took four out of six from the Cubs and Yankees when they lost five straight to the Twins. I love it when the Sox beat both of these teams, it is the rest of the season that really counts. And when it really counted, the Sox went south.

Grobber33
09-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

The Sox got swept in separate series by Cleve,Det(lost to Tigers more than anyone),KC,and Tex and split 3-3 with Tampa Bay. I would'nt be chirping-particularly about the Yankees if I were you!

Hangar18
09-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
The Sox got swept in separate series by Cleve,Det(lost to Tigers more than anyone),KC,and Tex and split 3-3 with Tampa Bay. I would'nt be chirping-particularly about the Yankees if I were you!

yes they did. though were not in the Playoffs, we did
beat the tar out of the cubs. you can put that on the board Grobby.......YES

soxtalker
09-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33

I have to agree. Although I loved beating the Yankees, that last series really wasn't terribly important to either team. The Yankees knew they were going to clinch, and the Sox were out of it. The first series was intense, as the Red Sox were making their last run at the division.

As for the Cubs, I'm glad that we won the bragging rights. But we were "down" at that point, and it started the revival of our season. The Cubs, in contrast, were looking pretty good until then. I think that any series between the Cubs and Sox would be intense.

Grobber33
09-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I have to agree. Although I loved beating the Yankees, that last series really wasn't terribly important to either team. The Yankees knew they were going to clinch, and the Sox were out of it. The first series was intense, as the Red Sox were making their last run at the division.

As for the Cubs, I'm glad that we won the bragging rights. But we were "down" at that point, and it started the revival of our season. The Cubs, in contrast, were looking pretty good until then. I think that any series between the Cubs and Sox would be intense.

One thing is for sure---nobody can claim the Sox sent the Cubs into a season ending slump.

Bisco Stu
09-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Heard you on the CBS radio sports report this morning, Les, you could barely keep your Flubs excitement in your pants.