PDA

View Full Version : If you are Jm?

CLR01
08-29-2001, 02:03 PM
do you push Buehrle back a day to face the tribe? A potential lose to the tigers is not a much a blow as a potental lose to the indians, atleast if we beat the indians we know we are gaining ground.

Iguana775
08-29-2001, 02:05 PM
that wouldnt be too bad of an idea. i think if we take 3 of 4 from them, we will be in good shape. assuming we take care of the kitties like we should.

CLR01
08-29-2001, 02:10 PM
the way i see it we need to take atleast 6 of 8 from them to have a shot at this thing. A sweep against the tribe would be nice but id rather have our ace pitch against the tribe and take my chances with Glover and Wright agaist the kitties, or maybe even bring Kip out of the pen for a spot start tomorrow.

Ands ofcourse singleton starting is essensial.

"Thanks CLR, you know i am still the guy."

:slowswing

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
that wouldnt be too bad of an idea. i think if we take 3 of 4 from them, we will be in good shape. assuming we take care of the kitties like we should.

Every win is necessary. I say stay with your rotation. If anything push Buehrle up a day to tonight so he can pitch again Sunday, but otherwise just go about your business...

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 02:29 PM
The guy is already complaining that his arm is tired(read: sore). His velocity is down. They ain't pushing him up a day.

Randar68
08-29-2001, 02:32 PM
The guy is already complaining that his arm is tired(read: sore). His velocity is down. They ain't pushing him up a day.

Personally, If that's the case. I say have him miss this start and push it back to the last game of the Cleveland series....

balz1472
08-29-2001, 02:33 PM
I would have to agree w/ voodoochile.... you pretty much have to stay with what you have going on in the rotation. We have already had a ton of changes made to our rotation.... it probably wouldn't be a good idea to mess with your ace's offday routine by changing the number of days he has between starts.

If you look out at the future... Buerhle would wind up starting the series at Cleveland (which may wind up more important)... and he would start once against NYY and MIN.

Apparently it would all work out better if they don't mess with the rotation.

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

I had not heard that... If that is the case than Randar is right. Shut him down until at least the end of the Tribe series, maybe shut him down altogether. Why risk next year too?

KempersRS
08-29-2001, 02:43 PM
Well, here is the deal, its not even worth considering the division unless they can take 6 from the Tribe atleast. I don't see 6-2 happening, if it does, I'd think the Tribe would do it to us.

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I had not heard that... If that is the case than Randar is right. Shut him down until at least the end of the Tribe series, maybe shut him down altogether. Why risk next year too?

The day after his last start, there was talk in the papers stating that he'd explained his 3-4 mph loss in velocity and the fact that he's being hit much harder lately as a product of a "tired arm."

I've done a lot of throwing in my life and don't know anything about a tired arm. Either it feels good and I can throw at max velocity or it hurts and I can't. When it feels tired, warming up longer usually makes it "untired" for me.