PDA

View Full Version : Armando Freaking Rios?

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 06:12 PM
So there it is, the bottom of the 8th. The Sox are safely ahead and Frank is due up third. It just might be his last at bat ever at USCF as a hometown player. So, what does Jerry "the freaking genius" Manuel do? He sends up Armando Rios to PH for the big man.

Maybe it is a minor point to some of you, but the main reason I was still there was to give Frank one more standing O and say thanks for the memories, hope you are back next year. Send a messate to JR and KW about how much the big man is appreciated. No such luck, because of one final tinker straight to my heart.

And for that Jerry Manuel, YOU SUCK! Jackass...

:jerry
"Armando is trying to reach some personal goals. He wanted to make the final out of the home season and he asked, so I let him. Besides, Frank needs to be brought down a peg and he cannot throw like Paulie. Speaking of Paulie, it's ice cream time..."

Randar68
09-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
So there it is, the bottom of the 8th. The Sox are safely ahead and Frank is due up third. It just might be his last at bat ever at USCF as a hometown player. So, what does Jerry "the freaking genius" Manuel do? He sends up Armando Rios to PH for the big man.

Maybe it is a minor point to some of you, but the main reason I was still there was to give Frank one more standing O and say thanks for the memories, hope you are back next year. Send a messate to JR and KW about how much the big man is appreciated. No such luck, because of one final tinker straight to my heart.

"Armando is trying to reach some personal goals. He wanted to make the final out of the home season and he asked, so I let him. Besides, Frank needs to be brought down a peg and he cannot throw like Paulie. Speaking of Paulie, it's ice cream time..."

I wasn't there, but I thought of that. Frank will be back with his player option, but one last chance for Manual to get in a subtle did to Thomas.

MRKARNO
09-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Well THomas can decide for himself if he wants to be back and if he just has to have at least one more at bat at the cell, he can excercize his option

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well THomas can decide for himself if he wants to be back and if he just has to have at least one more at bat at the cell, he can excercize his option

In a meaningless last game of the season, that is awfully petty for Manuel to deny Thomas one last ovation from the hometown fans. Whether Thomas has the choice to come back is totally beyond the point.

Denying the fans the chance to show their appreciation is callous and shallow of Manuel. Either that, or he is just a flat-out idiot. Take your pick. I've given up trying to figure him out.

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
In a meaningless last game of the season, that is awfully petty for Manuel to deny Thomas one last ovation from the hometown fans. Whether Thomas has the choice to come back is totally beyond the point.

Denying the fans the chance to show their appreciation is callous and shallow of Manuel. Either that, or he is just a flat-out idiot. Take your pick. I've given up trying to figure him out.

All of the above?

akingamongstmen
09-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Flat-out idiot...definitely.

Daver
09-24-2003, 06:46 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/laughdog%20copy.jpg

JRIG
09-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Didn't he do the same thing in Thomas' last home game last year?

Dadawg_77
09-24-2003, 07:11 PM
You guys are being to hard of Jerry. He wants Rios to be ready just in case the Sox need him vs KC, second place is on the line here fellas.

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Didn't he do the same thing in Thomas' last home game last year?

I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you he allowed Haaarold to get an at bat in his final home game with the team...

jeremyb1
09-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Come on. There's no way Frank is leaving. Its not even worth talking about.

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

I hope you are right and actually think you are, but who knows. Dumber things have been done by both players and owners...

Chisox_cali
09-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

If Frank is gonna keep his swing for the fences attitude, I don't want him back, they already have too many guys on the team like that

RKMeibalane
09-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
If Frank is gonna keep his swing for the fences attitude, I don't want him back, they already have too many guys on the team like that

I think that Frank's "swing for the fences" attitude was just his way of telling Jerry Manuel to go **** himself because he wouldn't play him at first.

Assuming the new manager actually has a brain, I expect Frank to be at first base more often next year, so his numbers should improve somewhat. I defintely think his batting average will be better than the .265 clip it is now.

chosk8
09-25-2003, 08:58 AM
I was at the game yesterday and thought the same thing. I turned to my buddy and said, "JM possibly took away Frank's last at-bat as a White Sox." I agree, he should have left him in to get his standing-O.

jabrch
09-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think that Frank's "swing for the fences" attitude was just his way of telling Jerry Manuel to go **** himself because he wouldn't play him at first.

Well that is the most selfish attitude I could imagine. If that's the kind of team player he is...

rmusacch
09-25-2003, 09:47 AM
I hope you are right and actually think you are, but who knows. Dumber things have been done by both players and owners...

Hopefully the new manager will allow Frank to play more at first.

ChiSoxBobette
09-25-2003, 10:00 AM

I was going to see if anyone heard as to why Manuel would'nt let Frank hit in what could be his last at bat at home as a White Sox player. If it was a Manuel thing then everyone who has ever defended the idiot better just shut up, Manuel proved with that move yesterday that he can be a real classless moron.
Hey was that you in the upper deck boxes screaming when Rios came up , because if it was it sure had to be heard down in the Sox dugout. It was just a joke that Frank was on the bench in the last home game this year and pitch hit for by Rios who finished up as he started striking out.

Manuel I Just Hope What Cowley wrote about in the Southtown is true because for just doing that to Big Frank you should be fired.

Go Big Frank!

Meatpants
09-25-2003, 10:58 AM
I think everyone is forgetting one thing - yesterday was probably Armando Rios' last game at USCF as well. :D:

voodoochile
09-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I was going to see if anyone heard as to why Manuel would'nt let Frank hit in what could be his last at bat at home as a White Sox player. If it was a Manuel thing then everyone who has ever defended the idiot better just shut up, Manuel proved with that move yesterday that he can be a real classless moron.
Hey was that you in the upper deck boxes screaming when Rios came up , because if it was it sure had to be heard down in the Sox dugout. It was just a joke that Frank was on the bench in the last home game this year and pitch hit for by Rios who finished up as he started striking out.

Manuel I Just Hope What Cowley wrote about in the Southtown is true because for just doing that to Big Frank you should be fired.

Go Big Frank!

Yeah, that was me. I was right behind home about 16 rows up wearing a Totally Biased WSI t-shirt. I had to move away from the nice Yankee family sitting in front of me because I was afraid I would rupture their eardrums.

How far away were you? People were definitely amused, but I have no idea how loud I really am and would be interested in "hearing"...

RichH55
09-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Well that is the most selfish attitude I could imagine. If that's the kind of team player he is...

It's all Frank's fault we get the picture....Whats that Churchill quote I'm looking for (though believe me, I hate to put you two in the same post)....something to do with fanatics? Can't get them to change the subject?

Thanks....on top of all the Frank bashing, now that quote is going to be bothering me

RichH55
09-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants
I think everyone is forgetting one thing - yesterday was probably Armando Rios' last game at USCF as well. :D:

Nicely played

StepsInSC
09-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
You guys are being to hard of Jerry. He wants Rios to be ready just in case the Sox need him vs KC, second place is on the line here fellas.

teal? regardless, LOL