PDA

View Full Version : Manual Basically Says Goodbye...


fledgedrallycap
09-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm listening to the Sox Postgame show right now and Jerry is basically saying his farewell's ; thanking the City, fans and saying he'll rise again....

Randar68
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I'm listening to the Sox Postgame show right now and Jerry is basically saying his farewell's ; thanking the City, fans and saying he'll rise again....


The only rising Jerry will be doing is with the help of Raffy and his little Blue friend.

ihatethecubs
09-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I'm listening to the Sox Postgame show right now and Jerry is basically saying his farewell's ; thanking the City, fans and saying he'll rise again....
i can already see jerry wearing the cute blue and red uniform coaching first base for his buddy dusty on the north side

Hangar18
09-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
i can already see jerry wearing the cute blue and red uniform coaching first base for his buddy dusty on the north side

He'll be Coaching for Felipe Alou and the SF Giants.
Book it.

faneidde
09-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Say what you want about JM as a manager, but he is basically a decent guy. A lot more than anyone can say about Terry Bevington.

Shoeless Joe
09-24-2003, 06:28 PM
I couldn't help but tear up when I heard the postgame show. If there's a positive out of this depressing season is that we'll get rid of a guy who's dragged the Sox into mediocrity (minus one season).

ihatethecubs
09-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
Say what you want about JM as a manager, but he is basically a decent guy. A lot more than anyone can say about Terry Bevington.

jerry seems like hes probably one of the nicest people in all of baseball, but man is he one stupid f---ing manager.

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
jerry seems like hes probably one of the nicest people in all of baseball, but man is he one stupid f---ing manager.

He took his sweet time walking back into the dugout waving to a bunch of cheering fans who were down that way. Meanwhile I am in the UD screaming, "You suck! Fire Manuel! What an idiot!" The Yankee fans were looking at me a little oddly, but they were smiling at my plight...

duke of dorwood
09-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Sounded like he was telling them to get rid of him- it was interesting to hear. AND DAMN REFRESHING

duke of dorwood
09-24-2003, 08:14 PM
And he couldnt "rise again" with a truckload of Viagra

MarqSox
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And he couldnt "rise again" with a truckload of Viagra
I hope he does. I want him fired, but I also wish him well. He's a good guy, just not a good manager.

SouthBendSox
09-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Duke

whats that picture from?

fire manuel!!!!!!!!!!

Viva Magglio
09-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
He took his sweet time walking back into the dugout waving to a bunch of cheering fans who were down that way. Meanwhile I am in the UD screaming, "You suck! Fire Manuel! What an idiot!" The Yankee fans were looking at me a little oddly, but they were smiling at my plight...

I was standing right by the Sox on deck circle when the players and coaches came off the field. There was Jerry coming off all smiles and waving. And the fans were giving it to Manuel big time. It reminded me of the time I went to the old Soldier Field during the Wannstedt era and saw the Bears lose to Tampa Bay. After the game was over, I was standing by the Bears' tunnel. The fans got all over Wannstedt when he approached the tunnel.

Procol Harum
09-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Nice man, but...don't let the screen door hit ya on the way out, Jer.

Bisco Stu
09-24-2003, 11:47 PM
27 games over .500 in his career with all this talent?

Goodbye, JM. Thanks for 2000.

HELLO, WALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuvSox
09-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I'm listening to the Sox Postgame show right now and Jerry is basically saying his farewell's ; thanking the City, fans and saying he'll rise again....

Somewhere there is a high school in dire need of a third base coach. Good riddance.

gosox41
09-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
Say what you want about JM as a manager, but he is basically a decent guy. A lot more than anyone can say about Terry Bevington.

Because he is a pretty decent guy there were times I felt pity for him. But this is the third year in a row this team has underachieved and he still plays games with players he doesn't like (see Frank and getting pulled in the 8th inning) so I look forward to seeing him shipped out. He rose to his level of incompetence and it's been more then exposed for everyone to see.

Bob

Tragg
09-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
Say what you want about JM as a manager, but he is basically a decent guy. A lot more than anyone can say about Terry Bevington.

True - and he's not the worst manager in baseball either - just not a good one.

Managers can really hurt teams. Manuel made a lot of dumb decisions, but overall, he didn't inflict permanent damage on the Sox (like the obnoxious Bowa probably has done with Philly). He just didn't help us win and this team needed help.

I think we need a new hitting coach, too.

jeremyb1
09-25-2003, 12:39 AM
I think the team needs a new identity because it hasn't been working but I'm happiest at all that I won't have to hear this constant complaining anymore whether its deserved or not. I guess that's just a personal thing but I can't handle listening to people resenting a person that much just because they're frustrated.

voodoochile
09-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I think the team needs a new identity because it hasn't been working but I'm happiest at all that I won't have to hear this constant complaining anymore whether its deserved or not. I guess that's just a personal thing but I can't handle listening to people resenting a person that much just because they're frustrated.

You sound frustrated and resentful... :D:

(Just kidding...)

34 Inch Stick
09-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I think the team needs a new identity because it hasn't been working but I'm happiest at all that I won't have to hear this constant complaining anymore whether its deserved or not. I guess that's just a personal thing but I can't handle listening to people resenting a person that much just because they're frustrated.

You think that goes away just because Jerry gets canned?

StillMissOzzie
09-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
Say what you want about JM as a manager, but he is basically a decent guy. A lot more than anyone can say about Terry Bevington.

Isn't this kinda like complimenting a bucket of manure because it doesn't stink as bad as two buckets of manure?

SMO
:gulp:

LASOXFAN
09-26-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
The only rising Jerry will be doing is with the help of Raffy and his little Blue friend.

dude, you've had some funny posts, but that's classic!

doublem23
09-26-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

I think we need a new hitting coach, too.

I don't know... Walker seems to have turned them around; Crede in particular and Magglio pulled his head out of his ass. Konerko? He's just an egomanical ******* who's getting payed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money and Valentin needs to stop pretending he's a switch hitter.