PDA

View Full Version : Sox Springtime Home

Mammoo
09-24-2003, 04:12 PM
From the Trib:

"There have been rumors the Sox are looking to leave their spring training home in Tucson, Ariz. But such a move certainly won't take place in 2004. The Sox released their spring training schedule Tuesday and it calls for 21 games in Tucson and nine in the Phoenix area."

These spring training towns are forever getting raked over the coals by MLB teams. Looks like owner Jerry is trying to get a better deal.

Hey, that's good isn't it. That way he'll have money to continue building up the winning franchise that he has tenderly cultivated over the years!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

npdempse
09-24-2003, 05:38 PM
I wish they'd move back to the citrus league. Get some humidity in the air so you have a vaguely decent idea of what your pitchers look like.

TDog
09-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
I wish they'd move back to the citrus league. Get some humidity in the air so you have a vaguely decent idea of what your pitchers look like.

When I lived in a Cactus League city, I had citrus growing outside my bedroom window.

Some people associated with the Sox, and no doubt many players, would prefer to train in the Grapefruit League. I love Tucson, though.