PDA

View Full Version : Of course KW has work to do

Gumshoe
09-24-2003, 04:39 PM
He failed. This was a total failure, this season:

Weak division

We had the best team, and we are going to win at most 86 games

KW, the fault is no one else's but yours. Wise up and leave with your boy JR, please

Actually, I wish you DIDN'T have work to do. All these guys on this MB will tell you, "you tried" or, you did a good job, but the REALITY is we "try" every year, and the most important question is "Are we in the playoffs?"

Obviously you DIDN'T do a good job.
Bye

daveeym
09-24-2003, 04:48 PM
:threadsucks

hold2dibber
09-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
He failed. This was a total failure, this season:

Weak division

We had the best team, and we are going to win at most 86 games

KW, the fault is no one else's but yours. Wise up and leave with your boy JR, please

Actually, I wish you DIDN'T have work to do. All these guys on this MB will tell you, "you tried" or, you did a good job, but the REALITY is we "try" every year, and the most important question is "Are we in the playoffs?"

Obviously you DIDN'T do a good job.
Bye

(1) Didn't you already post this same post (almost exactly)?

(2) Ultimately, the buck stops with the GM and the GM is judged on the W/L. With that said, I still think he did a great job this year. His primary job is to assemble enough talent to win. He did that (his only misstep, in terms of player personnel was the Koch trade, but the shrewd signing of Gordon, the trade for Sullivan and last year's unbelievably great trade for Marte largely made up for it). The one big mistake he made this year - and it was a big one - was to allow Jerry Manuel to steer the ship. I lay the blame for this year's failure on the following individuals, in order:

1. Manuel;
2. Players (particularly Konerko, Crede and Koch); and
3. Williams

:reinsy

"I've got to disagree with you Dibber. Here's my list:

1. The Fans
2. Jimmy Piersall (scum of the earth)
3. Harry Caray (scum of the after life)
4. Carlton Fisk (never liked that guy)
5. The Fans"

HawkDJ
09-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Is that a joke? KW is one of the very few people this year who did their job.

Paulwny
09-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
( I lay the blame for this year's failure on the following individuals, in order:

1. Manuel;
2. Players (particularly Konerko, Crede and Koch); and
3. Williams

"

I don't understand the negativity some have for Crede. This is his first full year and I think he's improved greatly since the AS break.
Some of you would have gotten rid of Ventura, 1st full year stats:
ba .249
hr 5
rbi 54

Gumshoe
09-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Shrewd, Paul

Crede is going to be a superstar. I'm sure the others are criticizing his numbers.

Why not trade him (I'm kidding of course)?

He'll be a great one. KW will probably trade him. jackass

Gumshoe

idseer
09-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
Is that a joke? KW is one of the very few people this year who did their job.

there is one area he failed miserably. he committed to manuel for the rest of the season, remember? no matter what!

Daver
09-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by idseer
there is one area he failed miserably. he committed to manuel for the rest of the season, remember? no matter what!

Did he commit to Manuel,or were his hands tied because of Manuel's contract?

I think Kenny would have dumped him after last season if he could.

SouthBendSox
09-24-2003, 08:25 PM
I agree

fire KW

Hola Alomar... the out machine

hold2dibber
09-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I don't understand the negativity some have for Crede. This is his first full year and I think he's improved greatly since the AS break.
Some of you would have gotten rid of Ventura, 1st full year stats:
ba .249
hr 5
rbi 54

You've entirely misinterpreted my criticism of Crede. I think he is going to be a damn good 3B for a long time, I never thought the Sox should bench him, and I'd hate to see him traded. All I said was that he was a big reason for why this team underachieved. In the first half, he and PK were absolutely, positively horrible. And the Sox were under .500. After the All-Star break, he and Konerko starting hitting lights out and the Sox zoomed into contention. If Crede and PK hit like they're capable all year, the Sox would be talking about setting their playoff rotation right now. Hence their ranking on my list.

thepaulbowski
09-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by idseer

JR holds the strings on the manager, not KW

Hullett_Fan
09-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
JR holds the strings on the manager, not KW

Yup. KW would have fired Manuel and brought in 'his own guy' when he got the job 2 years ago. But no way was JR going to pay out the final years of Manuels contract.

Paulwny
09-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
You've entirely misinterpreted my criticism of Crede. I think he is going to be a damn good 3B for a long time, I never thought the Sox should bench him, and I'd hate to see him traded. All I said was that he was a big reason for why this team underachieved. In the first half, he and PK were absolutely, positively horrible. And the Sox were under .500. After the All-Star break, he and Konerko starting hitting lights out and the Sox zoomed into contention. If Crede and PK hit like they're capable all year, the Sox would be talking about setting their playoff rotation right now. Hence their ranking on my list.

No, I understood but in no way do I blame Crede for the slow start at the beginning of the season. Batting 8th , he's not expected to be a major offensive threat.
He needed time to adjust and get comfortable. Most first time full time players don't put up good to great numbers.
I think too many people expected way too much from him.
Another example Harold Baines 1st year
ba-- .255
hr-- 13
rbi-- 49