PDA

View Full Version : Jerry quote on todays game

kempsted
09-24-2003, 01:55 PM
From Scott Merkin at MLB. com

Along that same line of thinking, Manuel wants to give Loaiza the best supporting cast possible. So, the White Sox manager already has a plan for his Wednesday lineup, coming on the heels of Tuesday night's official elimination.

"I'm going ask some of the (veteran) players who wants to be out there," Manuel said. "If you don't want to be part of something like this, I'll turn to the younger guys. I'll give Esteban every chance possible to win 20."

Huh? I can't wait to see what the lineup is. If he doesn't put his best lineup out there he is suggesting they didn't want to play and didn't care. Nice one Jerry - he can put in all of his kids and say - Hey I checked and none of the veteran's have heart.

kempsted
09-24-2003, 01:59 PM
OK the answer is - Robbie Alomar doesn't want to play, and Paul Konerko. We have Daubach and Harris in instead. That's right - Jerry's idea of putting the best team on the field for Loaiza is to put Willie Harris in as the leadoff hitter. :?:

Wow am I glad the Jerry M thing is almost over. :gulp:

Dick Allen
09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Well, I heard Harris and Daubach are in the lineup today - strike one, strike two.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Unbelievable. I'm guessing Alomar and Konerko didn't get Manuel's clubhouse memo that everyone else obviously got. He made both of them look like the two most shiftless characters on the team--unintentionally, of course.

This ought to be Manuel's managerial epitaph. "Everything that went wrong was unintentional."

anewman35
09-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Unbelievable. I'm guessing Alomar and Konerko didn't get Manuel's clubhouse memo that everyone else obviously got. He made both of them look like the two most shiftless characters on the team--unintentionally, of course.

This ought to be Manuel's managerial epitaph. "Everything that went wrong was unintentional."

What's unbelievable is that anybody here still pays attention to anything Manuel says. You all know that he changes his mind constantly, so isn't it quite possible he changed his plan and didn't ask the players at all?

Besides, does anybody really want to see Konerko playing right now?

FJA
09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
What's unbelievable is that anybody here still pays attention to anything Manuel says. You all know that he changes his mind constantly, so isn't it quite possible he changed his plan and didn't ask the players at all?

Besides, does anybody really want to see Konerko playing right now?

Because the Sox have been so bad of late, and because Konerko was so bad in the first half, his problems over the last few weeks have been glossed over. Fact is, when it has mattered down the stretch, Konerko has been almost as cold as (if not more so than) he was in the first half.

His average has dropped more than 20 points from the high he had about two weeks ago in the .250s.

Thanks Paulie!

JRIG
09-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Because the Sox have been so bad of late, and because Konerko was so bad in the first half, his problems over the last few weeks have been glossed over. Fact is, when it has mattered down the stretch, Konerko has been almost as cold as (if not more so than) he was in the first half.

His average has dropped more than 20 points from the high he had about two weeks ago in the .250s.

Thanks Paulie!

If I'm not mistaken, Konerko is 2 for his last 41.

:jerry
"Love his defense!"