PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster Playoff Ticket Refund

jabrch
09-24-2003, 10:44 AM
I saw a thread on season ticket holder refunds...How does it work for the rest of us? Those who paid by credit card from TicketBastard?

Any ideas?

JRIG
09-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
I saw a thread on season ticket holder refunds...How does it work for the rest of us? Those who paid by credit card from TicketBastard?

Any ideas?

Per the information sent by Ticketmaster with the tickets, "You need to do nothing to receive your refund."

Keep the tickets. They'll automatically put a credit back to whatever form of payment you used.

jabrch
09-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Per the information sent by Ticketmaster with the tickets, "You need to do nothing to receive your refund."

Keep the tickets. They'll automatically put a credit back to whatever form of payment you used.

Thanks...I didn't see anything with them... Will I get a complete refund, or will TicketBastard screw me out of the $30 in fees they charged me?

JRIG
09-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Thanks...I didn't see anything with them... Will I get a complete refund, or will TicketBastard screw me out of the $30 in fees they charged me?

It should be a complete refund, just like it was in 2000.

Rocky Soprano
09-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know how long its going to take them?

JRIG
09-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Does anyone know how long its going to take them?

The info said it could take as much as 10-12 weeks, but I remember it being a lot faster than that last time.

Rocky Soprano
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
10-12 weeks!!!

Thats nuts!

alohafri
09-24-2003, 12:46 PM
As I recall from 2000, all my money was refunded for the unplayed games EXCEPT the $20 delivery fee.
It was a different process in 2000 to get refunds. But I would guess it will take about 3-4 weeks to get a refund, possibly less if it's a credit card chargeback.

(Mrs. Aloha)

Brian26
09-24-2003, 03:05 PM
In 2000, I received every penny back in the refund (including ticket price, convenience charge, tax, s & h......everything).

This year, the note said specifically everything will be refunded except the delivery fee. I think the convenience charge will be refunded, but not the delivery fee.

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2003, 03:23 PM
I got an e-mail from Ticketmaster today:

This email is in regard to your ticket purchase for the Chicago White Sox Divisional Home Game 1. Since the White Sox did not make the playoffs, that event will not be taking place. Refunds are available at your original point of purchase. For your convenience, your account has been issued a credit in the full amount of the purchase price, minus the Non-Refundable Order Processing Fee of $10.00 per order. That retaining fee was agreed upon at your point of purchase. The credit should post to your account within the next 7-10 business days. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via our website at www.ticketmaster.com, or by calling your Local TicketMaster Charge-By-Phone Number and request to speak to someone in our Customer Service Department. Please DO NOT reply to this email! Thank you for using TicketMaster! !

So, I lose about $30 because I ordered 3 different times...great.