PDA

View Full Version : Sammy being Sammy

Viva Magglio
09-24-2003, 10:53 AM
He snapped at Geroge Ofman yesterday for having the gall to suggest to His Sammyness is in a slump. As I'm driving to The Cell this morning, I fully expect Boers and Bernstein to have a Sosa-bashing festival. Say what you will about B & B, but they are at least two people in the Chicago media who see this dope for what he is. And add Fred Huebner to that list as well.

:shammy
"A slump?'' he said. "What are you talking about? You think a guy that hit over 500 homers is in a slump? Give me a break. Next."

kittle42
09-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Babe Ruth was never in a slump when he played for the Braves.

harwar
09-24-2003, 11:02 AM
I don't know who is more annoying,cub fans,cub announcers,sammy sosa,sammy sosa fans,or all those idiots on the score who host those pathetic excuse for sports talk shows.

FarmerAndy
09-24-2003, 11:02 AM
I think that I'm one of the few people around here who enjoy Boers and Bernstein. They are pretty silly and immature, but that's the whole point of the show. They don't seem to be biased, as they pretty much make fun of everything and everybody. As long as you don't take them seriously, they are alot of fun.

Long live Larry Horse!

kittle42
09-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I think that I'm one of the few people around here who enjoy Boers and Bernstein. They are pretty silly and immature, but that's the whole point of the show. They don't seem to be biased, as they pretty much make fun of everything and everybody. As long as you don't take them seriously, they are alot of fun.

Long live Larry Horse!

I would have to agree. They are more entertaining that anyone else on the radio here right now, AM or FM.

Plus, while sophomoric, they are intelligent. It's great to see how the intellectual level of the callers drops significantly once North and Buffone come on.

Soxboyrob
09-24-2003, 11:08 AM

Long live Larry Horse!

I'm 100% behind you, Andy. I don't listen to them for solid analysis. I listen because I cry tears of laughter all day long listening to these two goofs. They're goofs and admit it. Nothin' I like more than some good comedy.

The Larry Horse stuff is killing me!!!

Viva Magglio
09-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Long live Larry Horse!

:caballo
"I love Larry Horse too!"

And, as I accurately predicted, Boers and Bernstein blasted Sosa. Terry was calling him "jerkoff" and "pudwhack." And they played all the Sosa soundbytes like "my enemic," "I am the gladiator. It's hard to stop me," and now "Next!"