PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Minnesota going crazy

Bisco Stu
09-23-2003, 11:18 PM
That's what a Twins fan told me on the Phish db.

That should've been our riot...

pudge
09-24-2003, 12:13 AM
They're losers if they're going crazy over a division title, in the weakest division nonetheless.

jeremyb1
09-24-2003, 01:21 AM
They're pretty excited. I was so upset about the result I never got to write about my experience at the second game of our series at the dome. There were 40,000 and afterwards they were chanting "White Sux" and "White Sox Swallow". It was insane.

steff
09-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by pudge
They're losers if they're going crazy over a division title, in the weakest division nonetheless.

Ahhh.. so we would have been "losers" as well then, eh..?

Dick Allen
09-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I heard they burned down the whole town, the taxpayers are out $3.

harwar
09-24-2003, 09:39 AM
I envy them.Theres' no way that they should have won,yet they did.In very dramatic fashion they came out of nowhere and blew by everyone to win the division.Its like an old movie about a boxer that won't quit.
I say congrats to them for having the guts to win the big games.Something this White Sox team obviously lacks.They haven't lost yet but i think their balloon is about to burst because i would be surprised if they won more than one game against the yankees.

davenicholson
09-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
Yeah, I heard they burned down the whole town, the taxpayers are out $3.
I'm not going to defend the Twins nor their fans, but I spent a lot of time in Minny a few years ago, and I loved their downtown. I especially love the raised hamster-like habitrails that connect stores, restaurants and hotels. Downtown was clean, eclectic, and had, surprisingly, the best Thai restaurant I'd ever been to. But I still hate the Twins.

Foulke You
09-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I envy them.Theres' no way that they should have won,yet they did.In very dramatic fashion they came out of nowhere and blew by everyone to win the division.Its like an old movie about a boxer that won't quit.
I say congrats to them for having the guts to win the big games.Something this White Sox team obviously lacks.They haven't lost yet but i think their balloon is about to burst because i would be surprised if they won more than one game against the yankees.

I won't heap too much praise on the Twins. I think their division title had more to do with the White Sox and Royals (especially the Sox) collapsing down the home stretch than anything else. Let them celebrate now because they are going 3 and out versus the New York Yankees in round 1.

steff
09-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by davenicholson
I'm not going to defend the Twins nor their fans, but I spent a lot of time in Minny a few years ago, and I loved their downtown. I especially love the raised hamster-like habitrails that connect stores, restaurants and hotels. Downtown was clean, eclectic, and had, surprisingly, the best Thai restaurant I'd ever been to. But I still hate the Twins.

They have the cleanest city, by far. And people are very nice there. But the bars close too damn early for me :D:

fhqwhgads
09-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by davenicholson
Downtown was clean, eclectic, and had, surprisingly, the best Thai restaurant I'd ever been to.

Hmmm...that wouldn't be Sawatdee, would it? Gimme the Rama Thai Delight at 5 flames... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: = :D:

davenicholson
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Hmmm...that wouldn't be Sawatdee, would it? Gimme the Rama Thai Delight at 5 flames...
Sawatdee!!!!! :D: I got to know them quite well, as I ate there 4 nights a week or so for the 2 months I was up there! I forgot my favorite, but it was something like "Holy Basil", or Holy Moley or something like that. I ordered it at the maximum number of flames (was it 5?), and the server wasn't going to bring it to me because he said I wouldn't eat it. Well I did, with the help of 4 Singha's! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: Thanks for the memory refresher; if I'm ever back, I'll have to check it out again. But not the Baggie Dome. That place is an abortion for baseball, even if I could walk there from my hotel!

Mammoo
09-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by pudge

What does that make us; rooting for a team that can't win the weakest division in baseball? Hmmmmmmmm???

pudge
09-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by steff
Ahhh.. so we would have been "losers" as well then, eh..?

If we would have went ballistic, yes. I would be embarrased. A division title doesn't mean squat to me. But maybe that's just me.