PDA

View Full Version : Not that anybody should care, but...

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 10:26 PM
...what are the chances the Sox finish ahead of Kansas City for second-place in the division?

Here's the proof for how far a good manager can carry a lousy ballclub.

voodoochile
09-23-2003, 10:31 PM
I just can't predict losses. It isn't in my nature. I will admit that on second thought JRIG was right. I am totally ticked off about this season, though it didn't hit me until Lip dropped one of those "slit your wrist posts" he is so good at in the gameday thread.

Second place or we fire Jerry Manuel... no wait...

Daver, where's that dog picture?

Daver
09-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Daver, where's that dog picture?

This one?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/shoot_the_dog%20copy.jpg

Or this one?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/laughdog%20copy.jpg

ChiSox14305635
09-23-2003, 11:20 PM
At this point, I could care less if the Royals finish 2nd. Hell, let them have it so they can feel good about themselves. The only place I wanted the Sox to finish was 1st. Anything below is considered a failure.

voodoochile
09-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
At this point, I could care less if the Royals finish 2nd. Hell, let them have it so they can feel good about themselves. The only place I wanted the Sox to finish was 1st. Anything below is considered a failure.

You know this is a valid point. I am pretty sure there is money involved here. Don't second place teams get some prize money?

If so, I don't want the Sox to finish second. Let their reward be an off-season of regret. Giving them money for this kind of ending is like twisting the knife in the fans' backs...

Dan H
09-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Second place means nothing, but I want the Sox to still put out an effort. Not for this season but for the next. Quitting is a hard thing to stop doing once you start making a habit of it.

chuckn98229
09-24-2003, 08:15 AM
These guys quit a long time ago (at least it seems that way) when they went to Minnesota. JM should just go ahead and rest his first string for the rest of the year - as he has done so many times this season. I am beginning to wonder whether these guys even wanted to play baseball post-September. They seem much to content to just go through the motions - and keep their lazy butts well-rested.

soxtalker
09-24-2003, 10:01 AM
I don't see any advantage to finishing 2nd. Finishing 3rd will give us a slightly better position in the draft -- not much, but something.

harwar
09-24-2003, 10:08 AM
I know second place used to mean extra-money but these guys are all so rich why would they need it.I think it means more to the royals than the White Sox.The royals were supposed to be in nowheresville this year and they were in it almost till the end.I'm wondering if Tony Pena(always liked that guy) is going to be something really special or if it was his best this year.
I think most of the White Sox players are already planning their vacations and care less about the royals series.