PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
09-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Got a hit,and managed to draw the only walk of the game.

How pathetic is that?

:maggs

"Drink Pessi,and I'll see you at the ballpark."

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2003, 11:10 PM
I thought Carl E. might've deserved it for 2 run-saving catches.

What a World's Tallest Midget contest if I ever saw one...

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 11:12 PM
I wish I could say that I feel this is as flat and lifeless as I've ever seen the Sox, but it just wouldn't be the truth. I've been here before.

voodoochile
09-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I wish I could say that I feel this is as flat and lifeless as I've ever seen the Sox, but it just wouldn't be the truth. I've been here before.

I came close to crying after last Thursday I was so frustrated by the way the season was ending, but now I no longer care...

JRIG
09-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I came close to crying after last Thursday I was so frustrated by the way the season was ending, but now I no longer care...

No offense, Voodoo, but I find it hard to believe this season won't stick with us for a long time. You must care. You're one of us. We care too much if anything.

This would have/should have/could have been the season.

Unless you're just referring to the way this team is finishing up the year. Then, yes, I agree with you. I can't spend any more emotion on this team for the next 5 days.

voodoochile
09-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
No offense, Voodoo, but I find it hard to believe this season won't stick with us for a long time. You must care. You're one of us. We care too much if anything.

Unless you're just referring to the way this team is finishing up the year. Then, yes, I agree with you. I can't spend any more emotion on this team for the next 5 days.

I agree and in a few months, I may look back at what could have been. Heck, I made a bet with some flubbie fan buddies a few years ago that the Sox would win the WS before 2007. I gave odds and everything.

Right now, I'm kind of numb.

rmusacch
09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JRIG

The Sox lost this division in April.

Daver
09-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
The Sox lost this division in April.

Ding,Ding,Ding!!!

We have a winning reply.

Jerry Manuel was given more talent than he has ever had on his roster,and he mangaed to use it just well enough to lose.