PDA

View Full Version : GIDP Record

SouthBendSox
09-23-2003, 09:56 PM
what is the record for most GIDPs in a season?

we have got to be up there thanx to Konerko

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
what is the record for most GIDPs in a season?

we have got to be up there thanx to Konerko

*whistles*

:maggs :walnuts

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Let's have another hand-wringing session about bunting and moving runners along.

Hell, if we can just teach these nimrods how to keep the ball out of the infield with first base occupied and less than two out, we'll be miles ahead for improved situational hitting!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

:walnuts :maggs
"Situation? What situation?"

SouthBendSox
09-23-2003, 10:01 PM
am i wrong?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 10:03 PM
am i wrong?

No. I'm agreeing with you. In fact, it's double-plays that are killing us. I've read posts here that put the blame on not being able to bunt, LOL!

SouthBendSox
09-23-2003, 10:32 PM
MLB.com
has Paulie at 25

I do not know if that counts tonight'sgame or not

the record is 30, by Brad Ausmus in 2002

lets go PK!!

now about that team record...

Deadguy
09-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Next time Konerko comes up to bat with a runner on 1st and less than 2 Outs, he should be given the take sign 3 times.

duke of dorwood
09-23-2003, 10:36 PM
He was over .250 and back to the .230's

kittle42
09-23-2003, 11:40 PM
MLB.com
has Paulie at 25

lets go PK!!

Just think how far ahead he'd be if he had started the whole season!

:walnuts
"Yeah, but you didn't see me hit into any *triple* plays, did you?"

:jerry
"You see, sending Paulie up there is like sending two men up at the same time. He's a team player - he always involves another teammate when he hits the ball."

jabrch
09-23-2003, 11:43 PM
MLB.com
has Paulie at 25

lets go PK!!

Now he has 27...in limited playing time.

1951Campbell
09-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Now he has 27...in limited playing time.

27 GIDPs. That's 54 outs. It's like Paulie threw two perfect games against his own team. Think about it.

Then weep.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-23-2003, 11:55 PM
I think Konerko is Croatian for "Rally ending double play, that frustrates the hell out of White Sox fans" :(:

Ah, what a beautiful language Croatian is! :D:

pudge
09-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm glad someone started this thread, because I was just thinking tonight, "I cannot take another year of Konerko grounding into DPs." Do whatever we need to do, but get this guy out of the lineup. I think Konerko's a great guy, I just can't watch him play anymore. Thankfully Carlos Lee cut down on DPs in the second half, but as a team, DPs were a nightmare. Do you see this changing? Was it a fluke this year? I don't know if I can stomach another year like this.

RichH55
09-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by pudge
I'm glad someone started this thread, because I was just thinking tonight, "I cannot take another year of Konerko grounding into DPs." Do whatever we need to do, but get this guy out of the lineup. I think Konerko's a great guy, I just can't watch him play anymore. Thankfully Carlos Lee cut down on DPs in the second half, but as a team, DPs were a nightmare. Do you see this changing? Was it a fluke this year? I don't know if I can stomach another year like this.

I don't want much of anything for him.....even will take a guy like Kevin Jarvis.

NewyorkSoxFan
09-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by pudge

Maggs was not much better either, they never try to hit the ball to the right side either. If I see PK try to pull another outside pitch and roll it to the SS I will scream. Of course then we watch the obligatory drop of the head and the bat and crawl to first base. aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

NYSF

Paulwny
09-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Of course then we watch the obligatory drop of the head and the bat and crawl to first base. aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

NYSF

Yep, he's turned into a basket case., he'll need to see a shrink after the season.

Kilroy
09-24-2003, 08:26 AM
When PK or Maggs come up w/ runner on first and less than 2 outs, I just leave the room. My wife has usually asked me to change a load of laundry or some other meaningless task around the house. Their at bats are the perfect time to do those things. 9 times out 10, I get back and find out that I didn't miss anything except another dp ball.

Dick Allen
09-24-2003, 08:38 AM
I was at the game last night. When PK hit into his DP's, I almost became the next fan to run onto the field.

idseer
09-24-2003, 11:45 AM
MLB.com
has Paulie at 25

lets go PK!!

actually the record is held by jim rice of boston when he did it 36 times in 1984. i think that record is safe for now.

the all time team record is 174 also by boston in 1990.

so far this year the sox have 129. i think that record is safe also.

sidenote: did you know the alltime leader in gdip's is cal ripken with 350?

SouthBendSox
09-24-2003, 07:58 PM
thanks for those team stats...
where do we rank league-wise???

firemanuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosox41
09-24-2003, 11:08 PM
MLB.com
has Paulie at 25

lets go PK!!

Paulie has grounded into 14 more DP's then Frank does....in 100 less official at bats. If you count walks in there, it's almost 150 AB difference between the two.

Bob