PDA

View Full Version : What a horrible end to a season

OurBitchinMinny
09-23-2003, 10:44 PM
The sox quit and the twins and cubs in the playoffs...I feel sick to my stomach. I have never been this pissed off after a season. Im not even gonna blame it all on manuel. He didnt make the players quit. He needs to be fired, but the players have to be responsible. The only guy who did his job this year was kenny williams. He made amends for some bad previous deals and midseason. Not including the koch deal, he put the players in a position to win. They ****ed up. There is no way the minnesota twins have more talent than the white sox. What happened the last week? Its ridiculous. They better get their **** together because the team on the north side is just gonna get better and they own the damn town when they suck....I saw roan on GN and it looks like hes in heaven. The dumb prick...I hope the astros dont do a sox and choke

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 10:47 PM
The Astros are the White Sox of the National League. They always choke inspite of talent. Our last best chance flew out the window when the Cardinals pitching staff left for rehab.

FJA
09-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
The sox quit and the twins and cubs in the playoffs...I feel sick to my stomach. I have never been this pissed off after a season. Im not even gonna blame it all on manuel. He didnt make the players quit. He needs to be fired, but the players have to be responsible. The only guy who did his job this year was kenny williams. He made amends for some bad previous deals and midseason. Not including the koch deal, he put the players in a position to win. They ****ed up. There is no way the minnesota twins have more talent than the white sox. What happened the last week? Its ridiculous. They better get their **** together because the team on the north side is just gonna get better and they own the damn town when they suck....I saw roan on GN and it looks like hes in heaven. The dumb prick...I hope the astros dont do a sox and choke

This horrible end could very well get worse if we get passed up by KC by the time all is said and done. This is just depressing all around.

SoxEd
09-23-2003, 10:55 PM
This horrible end could very well get worse if we get passed up by KC by the time all is said and done. This is just depressing all around.

With the way we played the Twins, we'll probably get creamed by KC, but then again look at their game tonight - the Tigers are 15-6 up on them in the top of the 8th!

This is the team that's trying to out-do the '62 Mets for cryinoutloud...

I mean, if Detroit can beat them, the Sox must be able to, no?

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-23-2003, 11:00 PM
it's so hard to believe a week ago before the game we were tied for first, now we're eliminated :whiner:

FJA
09-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
it's so hard to believe a week ago before the game we were tied for first, now we're eliminated :whiner:

The end of this season is a tough pill to swallow. It was really over a few days ago, but the official end is always hard. It was ours to lose, and we lost it.

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2003, 11:04 PM
OK, I've had enough.

Can we PLEASE have a moratorium on "The Sox have more talent" posts? Please?!?

Listen: if they truly had more talent, they woulda won the damn division. They didn't. 2 years in a row. (edit: I mean 2 years in a row the Twins won it instead of the Sox.)

Is it possible -- just possible -- that the Twins were the better team this year?

jeremyb1
09-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337

That might've been the hardest part. We'd kept pace for over a week and after the weekend series against Cleveland we were tied. It seemed like we had a 50-50 shot, maybe 40-60 considering the difference in the schedules. Then in three days the Twins rattled off 3 wins to our 2 losses and just like that it was all over.

ma-gaga
09-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, I've had enough.

Listen: if they truly had more talent, they woulda won the damn division. They didn't. 2 years in a row. (edit: I mean 2 years in a row the Twins won it instead of the Sox.)

Is it possible -- just possible -- that the Twins were the better team this year?

Cheeses, the problem is that the top 5 W.Sox are easily better than the top 5 Twins, and everyone focuses on that. The Twins have better managing and a more balanced lineup. I think top to bottom, the talent is even, just that the Twins have consistancy, and the Sox have the star power.

Case in point, the Twins MVP is Mientkiewicz, possibly Stewart. Underwhelming choices, but consistant productive players.

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Hey, I know! Let's have a debate about the blue seats at the Cell! I'll start. :smile:

The blue seats are bad because they are bright blue plastic and that makes them stand out when Mark Giangreco takes his prefunctory shot every night on Channel 7 at Sox Fans lost in a sea of empty bright blue seats.

Okay, now it's your turn...

:)

LASOXFAN
09-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
OK, I've had enough.

Thank you thank you thank you.

The truth bites. I'm one of those who shakes my head at the talent on paper and wonders why the Sox don't win more. But you're right. They aren't more talented. They're more powerful hitters, and that my friend creates the illusion of being more talented, when in fact the Twins are better all around ball players. Period.

Cheers to you for saying so. :gulp:

Bisco Stu
09-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Sox have more TALENT

Twins are a better TEAM

That's what hurts, we weren't a cohesive unit.

Realist
09-24-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

That's what hurts, we weren't a cohesive unit.

I thought we had a VERY cohesive unit. When they didn't hit, nobody hit. When they were crushin' the hell outta the ball, they were ALL crushin' the hell outta the ball. They won as a team, and they stunk as a team.

DSpivack
09-24-2003, 01:22 AM
What hurts the most is not anything Twins-related; as much as I don't like them because they our are rival I do respect the fact that they are a good team.

What hurst the most is the White Sox. You may argue whether the Twins have more talent than us, I don't care. What I care is that I honestly believe we had sufficient talent to win the division. How far we get from there, I don't know.

But talent alone is never enough; you need a certain killer instinct; if talent were simply enough, then drafting players would be easy. Then the Portland Trailblazers would have easily won a few NBA championships. Then the Bears would have had a dynasty in the 1980's.

Their is a certain sixth sense that a team needs- to perform 'in the clutch', so to speak. Some may also call this killer instinct; this is what the Bulls were so good at; their bench would come in late in the games and no lead would be blown. It is this 'sixth sense', 'chemistry', 'killer instinct', call it what you will; but it is the undeniable intangible present that makes 25 ballplayers more than just that; it makes them a [I]team.

Win1ForMe
09-24-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Astros are the White Sox of the National League. They always choke inspite of talent. Our last best chance flew out the window when the Cardinals pitching staff left for rehab.

Yup, Astros look terrible. Losing 4 in a row at this point in the season. How the heck is Jimmy Williams keep getting re-hired by all these teams?

Viva Magglio
09-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
Yup, Astros look terrible. Losing 4 in a row at this point in the season. How the heck is Jimmy Williams keep getting re-hired by all these teams?

Let's hope that if the Astros dump Jimy Williams, we're not one of those teams that re-hires him.