PDA

View Full Version : AL Cy Young

MetalliSox
09-23-2003, 04:45 PM
I think we can all agree that even if Loaiza wins 20, his Cy Young chances are nil. You can turn on ESPN, The Score, and everyother sports station and open up any paper and they argue the two finalists are Roy Halladay and Pedro.
Halladay has thrown about 260 innings and has been consistent. Pedro has been dominant when he is healthy.

Where is Jamie Moyer in this picture? He pitches a CG to win his 20th last night and has an ERA of 3.27. He has also thrown 210 innings and has kept a team struggling, treading water in the playoff race.

Why no love for the old man?

P.S. 260 innings for Halladay who has been throwing on a 4 man rotation? What are the odds he will not be ready opening day '04?

mike squires
09-23-2003, 05:32 PM
My vote would be Halladay. He kinda got screwed last night.
Good question about Halliday being ready for opening day next year, but even a better question...Will Loaiza win more than 5 games next season?

hold2dibber
09-23-2003, 05:33 PM
I think Loaiza's only hope is to get to 21 wins (according to today's Trib, he is going to get 2 more starts) and finish with a substantially lower ERA than Halladay. If he pitches well in each of his last 2 starts he has a chance. But, based upon his performance of late, I'd be surprised if he gets it done.