PDA

View Full Version : Thomas To Receive $1.6 Million


BeerHandle
09-23-2003, 04:15 PM
I just read in Sports Weekly (Mags and Thomas on the cover) that if Thomas wins the AL MVP (which I don't think will happen) he receives a $2.0 million dollar bonus. If he finishes in the top five in the AL MVP voting he receives $1.6 million. Sports Weekly has him finishing in the top five. Not a bad days work!

voodoochile
09-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Do fans get to vote in any way at all?

BeerHandle
09-23-2003, 04:24 PM
I believe two writers from each AL city vote for the award.

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I believe two writers from each AL city vote for the award.

:knue :moron

BEEYOOTIFUL!

hold2dibber
09-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I just read in Sports Weekly (Mags and Thomas on the cover) that if Thomas wins the AL MVP (which I don't think will happen) he receives a $2.0 million dollar bonus. If he finishes in the top five in the AL MVP voting he receives $1.6 million. Sports Weekly has him finishing in the top five. Not a bad days work!

I'd be really surprised if he finished in the top 5 and really surprised if he didn't finish in the top 10. I think the following players (at least) will finish ahead of him:

A-Rod
Manny Ramirez
Carlos Delgado
Jason Giambi
Nomar Garciaparra
Magglio Ordonez

RichH55
09-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'd be really surprised if he finished in the top 5 and really surprised if he didn't finish in the top 10. I think the following players (at least) will finish ahead of him:

A-Rod
Manny Ramirez
Carlos Delgado
Jason Giambi
Nomar Garciaparra
Magglio Ordonez

I was suspect of Frank in the top 5....but if those are the top5, then he certainly has a good chance of getting his money

BeerHandle
09-23-2003, 04:50 PM
I agree. The one I believe that does not even belong in the TOP 10 is Jason Giambi. According to Sports Weekly's Power Ranking this is how the AL MVP race currently stands.

1. Manny Ramirez, Boston (3) 87
2. Carlos Delgado, Toronto (1) 82
3. Magglio Ordonez, Chicago (2) 76
4. Frank Thomas, Chicago (1) 68
5. Alex Rodriguez, Texas (1) 66

The article had very strong points for Thomas and Mags. Worth picking up.

SouthBendSox
09-23-2003, 09:50 PM
A-rod for MVP!!!!!!!!!

FJA
09-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
A-rod for MVP!!!!!!!!!

His numbers are staggering, but he's done nothing but upgrade an otherwise incredibly bad team to just a really bad team. In my mind, if you are going to be "Most Valuable," you need to lead your team at least out of the cellar. In the end, his numbers aren't valuable to anyone but himself. Is A-Rod the league's best player? Probably. But it takes more to be the most valuable. I like him, but he's not the MVP.

That being said, I think Frank will finish in the top five because of all the hype of him maybe winning it just a week and a half ago. He won't win, nor should he ...

Deadguy
09-23-2003, 10:41 PM
They should just give the AL MVP to whoever finishes 2nd in the NL MVP voting.