PDA

View Full Version : As Homer Simpson once said...

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2001, 09:09 AM
"OH, WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!"

Went to bed last night around 11, fully expecting the Marlins and umps to give the game to the Flubs, and woke up today to find that they lost it in CLASSIC Flubs style (thanks, DeShields! We do miss Brant Brown!) in the late hours of the night.

And to think all I read was Flubbie fans predicting a sweep of the fish!

*****!!! Man this is just perfect!!!

Fisk Fan
08-29-2001, 10:45 AM
The best part was when the Flubs had their base-running blunder in the 11th or 12th inning. When Guttierez thought there was only one out and Floyd caught the ball in center. He tagged 2nd base for the first un-assisted centerfielder double play I've ever seen.

This is getting better by the minute!

Randar68
08-29-2001, 10:49 AM
except for Floyd plays LF.....hehehehe

Fisk Fan
08-29-2001, 10:55 AM
Who the hell caught the ball then?

Randar68
08-29-2001, 10:59 AM
Floyd caught it in short LF....then ran to second on his way to the dugout with Ricky Trotting around to home....

bla!

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Who the hell caught the ball then?

It was Floyd. He had the only unassisted DP last night for the Marlins. He was playing LF exclusively last night according to the box score. I wasn't watching, so I don't know what you saw, only what the box score says...

Fisk Fan
08-29-2001, 11:05 AM
Details, details.

Either way, they lost and my day was better because of it!

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 11:13 AM
The best part was when the Flubs had their base-running blunder in the 11th or 12th inning. When Guttierez thought there was only one out and Floyd caught the ball in center. He tagged 2nd base for the first un-assisted centerfielder double play I've ever seen.

The double play was just the finish. They had first and third and no outs. The dumbass on third went on contact and got caught in a rundown on the previous play. First and third with no outs at home in extra innings and then total brain freeze. It was hysterical. The Flubbies were emulating their fans!

Hundley for Prez
08-29-2001, 01:38 PM
Cliff was in left field, as he always is. It was a thing of beauty, seeing the ball glide gently into left and Gutierrez sprinting towards third. Floyd's a product of the south side (Markham, Thornwood HS), maybe he wanted to taunt the Cubs by jogging ever so slow to complete the DP.

I saw Andy Van Slyke do this for Pittsburgh in the early nineties, after the Pirates lost Bonds. He did it the same way, mostly for recognition.