PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous


CLR01
08-29-2001, 07:38 AM
Is Sosa going to start doing curtain calls after every home run?



"My audience loves me!"

:shammy


"I love you to Sammy, oh...sorry I meant Sammy should receive a Nobel Prize for his efforts in uniting me and him in holy.... err. I mean fans of all races. It would look really good on our mantel..I meant in Cooperstown when they induct their king."

:moron

Kilroy
08-29-2001, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Is Sosa going to start doing curtain calls after every home run?


I couldn't believe that jerk-off was takin a curtain call in the first damn inning!! And for one home run? Come on. Hit 3? OK. Hit for the cycle? OK. What a flippin joke. But, I guess what goes around comes around, and it came around in the 14th inning...

LuvChiSox
08-29-2001, 09:59 AM
ah yes, there is nothing like the smell of a worthless homerun by samME!

Chisox353014
08-29-2001, 10:18 AM
Does anyone else think it's "delicious" that Shammy's recent hot streak corresponds directly with the Flubs' steady slide into the crapper? Team player my arse!

:moron
"That is definitely not delicious."

Randar68
08-29-2001, 10:27 AM
Ahh, swinging on a 3-0 pitch way off the plate after the pitcher throw you absolutely nothing to hit and is obviously pitching around you...

Take the walk to put the lead runner in scoring position in extra innings??? Nahhhhh

:shammy

"I am going to be da hero if we gonna win de bolgame, DAMNIT!"

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2001, 10:32 AM
Does anyone really think that the Astros are going to pitch to Sam-ME the last few games of the season? He's going to get walked every other at-bat. Buh-bye, home run record, buh-bye.


:moron

The Scum-Stros. I like the way that sounds.

Randar68
08-29-2001, 10:35 AM
Does anyone really think that the Astros are going to pitch to Sam-ME the last few games of the season? He's going to get walked every other at-bat. Buh-bye, home run record, buh-bye.

Well, It's just smart baseball. Nobody else on that team is going to hurt you. When they pitch around Sosa, he still manages to get himself out quite often, but It's not like Stair and McGriff are gonna carry that or any offense...

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 12:08 PM
but It's not like Stair and McGriff are gonna carry that or any offense...

:crimedog

What!?! I thought I was a guaranteed World Series championship!

ihatethecubs
08-29-2001, 01:11 PM
hes doing them without being asked to and its not like hes hitting game winners

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 01:17 PM
Ahh, swinging on a 3-0 pitch way off the plate after the pitcher throws you absolutely nothing to hit and is obviously pitching around you...

Take the walk to put the lead runner in scoring position in extra innings??? Nahhhhh

It looks like ESPN, what a shock, has joined the tabloid legions of Sham-ME lovers. They covered up this little tidbit in their story, too.

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 01:50 PM
Personally, I'd rather have Sammy swinging at a ball out of the strike zone w/ a guy on first than whatever tackling dummy is due up after him swinging at a strike w/ a guy on second. I don't really blame him in that instance. If there were no outs or one out, it might be a different story. The whole Cub offense is Sosa and 8 scrubs right now. How can you blame him?

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
Personally, I'd rather have Sammy swinging at a ball out of the strike zone w/ a guy on first than whatever tackling dummy is due up after him swinging at a strike w/ a guy on second. I don't really blame him in that instance. If there were no outs or one out, it might be a different story. The whole Cub offense is Sosa and 8 scrubs right now. How can you blame him?

Did you see the play? It was absurd. Kegger Stairs had a much better shot with a guy on second than Sham-ME did with the pitch 3 feet off the plate. Kegger might have tapped into one.

Soxboyrob
08-29-2001, 02:27 PM
I must admit that I was listening on the radio and not watching. Santo and Hughes conveniently left out the fact that the pitch was that bad. They only noted it was probably ball four. Still, all I had to hear was that Kegger was up next. That's still almost reason enough to swing at it.

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I must admit that I was listening on the radio and not watching. Santo and Hughes conveniently left out the fact that the pitch was that bad. They only noted it was probably ball four. Still, all I had to hear was that Kegger was up next. That's still almost reason enough to swing at it.

I couldn't believe he even hit the thing. It was almost out of the left handed hitter's batter's box. No alligator arms on that swing.

CubKiller
08-29-2001, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
...Santo and Hughes conveniently left out the fact that the pitch was that bad...

It was the next closest thing to an intentional walk!