PDA

View Full Version : 39,627

hose
09-23-2003, 06:12 AM
I hope Reinsdorf looks at these numbers before he decides to cut pay roll.

white sox bill
09-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Uncle Jerry will just think: Its against the Yankmee's, if it would have been a regular non-half off PM against say the Rangers, maybe 15k.

Jerry likes the feel of $$ before the feel of a WS ring
Bill

BeerHandle
09-23-2003, 08:12 AM
It won't matter to JR. We were playing the Yanks (they had a lot of fans) and everyone bought the tickets when we were in the playoff race. The cop at the Bullpen Sports Bar said it was sold out, but the 39,000+ was those in attendance.

Procol Harum
09-23-2003, 09:26 AM
I was kinda surprised that the crowd seemed to be more Sox fan-heavy than is normally the case when the Skanks are in town. Usually it sounds like maybe a third of the crowd are NY fans, but it sounded like much less last night. But that was from listening on TV, anybody who was there have any input?

alohafri
09-23-2003, 10:41 AM
I was at the game, and there was a fair amount of yankee fans there--maybe 1/4 yankees and the rest (3/4) Sox and others. I was quite surprised at the turn out, even though it was 1/2 price night and the yankees were in town. I expected around 28-30k.

Of course, with any big crowd at the cell, the wave got started--when we were tied 3-3 around the 8th inning or so. :angry:
Luckily, it died out after about 1-2 passes.

It was our last game for the season. Glad it ended the way it did!

---Mrs. Aloha

soxtalker
09-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
I was at the game, and there was a fair amount of yankee fans there--maybe 1/4 yankees and the rest (3/4) Sox and others. I was quite surprised at the turn out, even though it was 1/2 price night and the yankees were in town. I expected around 28-30k.

Of course, with any big crowd at the cell, the wave got started--when we were tied 3-3 around the 8th inning or so. :angry:
Luckily, it died out after about 1-2 passes.

It was our last game for the season. Glad it ended the way it did!

---Mrs. Aloha

I was in the upper deck. The wave came at a point when the fans were getting a bit bored. There were some Yankee fans behind me. However, much to my chagrin, there were Sox fans all around me who actively participated.

JJAustin69
09-24-2003, 10:36 AM
The usual suspect Yankee fans but not as many as I have seen before. I think that most people got their tickets before the disgusting collapse in Minnesota and were hoping to see a playoff caliber game. It was a good game but it was a pretty hollow feeling.

gosox41
09-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by hose
I hope Reinsdorf looks at these numbers before he decides to cut pay roll.

Based on what I've been hearing, payroll won't be cut. I've heard differerent numbers for how much it's going up so I won't assume anything yet.

Bob