PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Refunds

A.T. Money
09-22-2003, 03:54 PM
When I originally received my invoice, I selected the option to forward my money to my account for next year's season tickets. I'm thinking of just calling the White Sox and telling them to just refund me instead. They can just keep their little picture of the jets flying over the Cell.

I won't be nasty with them over the phone, but I'm just going to tell them I need my $750 bucks and when it's time to renew my tickets in January or whatever, I'll make my decision. Until then, I'll put that money somewhere where it'll at least earn interest.

They just love to take your money......bastards.

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
When I originally received my invoice, I selected the option to forward my money to my account for next year's season tickets. I'm thinking of just calling the White Sox and telling them to just refund me instead. They can just keep their little picture of the jets flying over the Cell.

I won't be nasty with them over the phone, but I'm just going to tell them I need my $750 bucks and when it's time to renew my tickets in January or whatever, I'll make my decision. Until then, I'll put that money somewhere where it'll at least earn interest.

They just love to take your money......bastards.

You made the choice and now are calling them bastards for obeying your instructions? O-KAY...

A.T. Money
09-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You made the choice and now are calling them bastards for obeying your instructions? O-KAY...

I made the choice BEFORE they decided to just hit the crapper. I was in a good mood when the Sox still had a chance to make the playoffs. Now that they choked, I'm not even sure if I want them to hold my money now.

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 04:22 PM
I made the choice BEFORE they decided to just hit the crapper. I was in a good mood when the Sox still had a chance to make the playoffs. Now that they choked, I'm not even sure if I want them to hold my money now.

So what they need is another choice...

1)If they play great and fail to make it, put it toward next year.

2)If they stink it up and tank the end of the season, I want my money back.

I can understand your frustration. It is a really crappy ending to the year...

A.T. Money
09-22-2003, 04:33 PM
So what they need is another choice...

1)If they play great and fail to make it, put it toward next year.

2)If they stink it up and tank the end of the season, I want my money back.

I can understand your frustration. It is a really crappy ending to the year...

Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I can see you're being sarcastic.

My point is this. I'll gladly renew my season tickets for next season. However, when I received the invoice, I was so confident that they'd make it into the playoffs, that I would see no problem moving the unused money to my account for next year's tickets. It would have been an exciting 2004 campaign. Now that they've completely blown everything, I'm no longer enthusiastic. Right now I'm so disgusted that I want to just wash my hands. But I know that it's just my anger and frustration talking.

In the meantime, as long as they aren't going to the playoffs, I might as well change my mind and get my money back, since I can use it between now and January. When it's time to renew, I'm sure they'll send me another invoice, and then I can make my decisions.

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Maybe I'm being misunderstood. I can see you're being sarcastic.

My point is this. I'll gladly renew my season tickets for next season. However, when I received the invoice, I was so confident that they'd make it into the playoffs, that I would see no problem moving the unused money to my account for next year's tickets. It would have been an exciting 2004 campaign. Now that they've completely blown everything, I'm no longer enthusiastic. Right now I'm so disgusted that I want to just wash my hands. But I know that it's just my anger and frustration talking.

In the meantime, as long as they aren't going to the playoffs, I might as well change my mind and get my money back, since I can use it between now and January. When it's time to renew, I'm sure they'll send me another invoice, and then I can make my decisions.

Yeah, I was just kidding around. I do understand your frustration level. I feel the same way. I just don't care if they mail it in the rest of the way. It means nothing to me. No playoffs, means I just don't care how the season ends and I don't have season tickets, so I don't have to watch a team that I am thouroughly disgusted with hold onto my money for 5 months...

A.T. Money
09-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I was just kidding around. I do understand your frustration level. I feel the same way. I just don't care if they mail it in the rest of the way. It means nothing to me. No playoffs, means I just don't care how the season ends and I don't have season tickets, so I don't have to watch a team that I am thouroughly disgusted with hold onto my money for 5 months...

Right, I might as well get my money back, and use it for meaningful things like Christmas or something.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Yo A.T.Money,

I totally understand your frustration and wanting your money back.
I had already chosen refund, but I didn't think it would matter because a few weeks ago, I was convinced that we would finally have a Grant Park rally in October for the Sox.

Although I did laugh a bit when they offered the 8 X 10 glossy pic of the AS game in return for letting them keep my money.

It will be a long offseason!

thepaulbowski
09-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Until then, I'll put that money somewhere where it'll at least earn interest.

Apparently you haven't look at interest rates lately....you will probably spend more money on postage then the money you'd receive as interest :D:

hose
09-23-2003, 05:12 PM
I remember a movie from the late 70's called" Breaking Away."

A guy has a nervous breakdown when his son gives a refund on a car that was returned to his used car lot.

"Refund !?, refund !?"

npdempse
09-23-2003, 05:24 PM
In general, how does re-upping your season tickets work. Do they just wait until January or so to contact you? What if you want to get better seats next time around? When can you start negotiations?

I'm really ambivalent right now about whether to sign up again for next year. I could have saved A LOT of money by just buying tickets for half-price nights, but it was nice to be at the ASG. I guess the only real point of getting season tix again would be if we seem to have a legit shot at a playoff berth? Why else do folks do it?

BeerHandle
09-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Play off refunds will begin in the next few days since we have been officially eliminated. My season ticket rep said it should take several weeks.

Regarding your opportunity to improve your tickets I recommend you have a conversation with your rep as soon as possible. I say this because last year I received my first renewal notice at the beginning of October. I just checked and the invoice date was October 16, 2002.