PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza & Adkins Seen After Sat. Loss

BeerHandle
09-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Loaiza and Adkins were at Howl At The Moon after the loss Saturday night. I'm glad they were enjoying themselves after the Sox and Loaiza's recent collapse.

DrCrawdad
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Loaiza and Adkins were at Howl At The Moon after the loss Saturday night. I'm glad they were enjoying themselves after the Sox and Loaiza's recent collapse.

I assume that you're being sarcastic. Who cares what they do after a game at this point?

doublem23
09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I assume that you're being sarcastic. Who cares what they do after a game at this point?

That's what I was thinking. They're people; got to have some fun.

Jerko
09-22-2003, 01:15 PM
At least it wasn't another day Loaiza was "sick" I guess. I think the point beerhandle was trying to make is that they don't obsees over losses like the fans do, and that calls into question the general lethargy that this team has shown for years even though those 2 guys have only been around for this season.

BeerHandle
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I was being sarcastic. Loaiza was extremely nice and Adkins was a blast. It was good to see them out.

duke of dorwood
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
It really is just a job for them.

doublem23
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
It really is just a job for them.

God damn... You're right. I wish they would wallow in their rooms with the razor blade just above the wrist, pondering on whether to make the cut or not.

Come on... This is ridiculous.

Grobber33
09-22-2003, 01:25 PM
I agree with Crawdad, Estaban has not only helped keep the Sox in the race untill the final week and a half,he has been one of the better stories in all of Baseball this seasoon. I can echo that he's a class person that anyone(this from a Cub Fan)should want to root for. The fact he was ill in Minn is not his fault,he wanted the ball,and it just did'nt work. The Sox are very fortunate to have this Man on their team,and he's locked in for 2004 as well. I say HAT'S OFF TO YOU ESTY!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Ill drink to that, Les.

davenicholson
09-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
I agree with Crawdad, Estaban has not only helped keep the Sox in the race untill the final week and a half,he has been one of the better stories in all of Baseball this seasoon. I can echo that he's a class person that anyone(this from a Cub Fan)should want to root for. The fact he was ill in Minn is not his fault,he wanted the ball,and it just did'nt work. The Sox are very fortunate to have this Man on their team,and he's locked in for 2004 as well. I say HAT'S OFF TO YOU ESTY!!
Grobber,
If more Cub fans were like you, I wouldn't hate `em so much!

BeerHandle
09-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Este is a class act. He spent time talking to those that approached. Also, Adkins said how great Este has been to the younger pitchers by talking a lot of them under his wing. We are blessed!!

34 Inch Stick
09-22-2003, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't recognize Jon Adkins even if he walked up to me and said "Hi, I'm Jon Adkins." Did you have the media guide with you?

davenicholson
09-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I wouldn't recognize Jon Adkins even if he walked up to me and said "Hi, I'm Jon Adkins." Did you have the media guide with you?
:)
LMAO! Maybe he was wearing his jersey to impress the chicks!

BeerHandle
09-22-2003, 03:25 PM
I do have a media guide, but didn't recognize him. My buddy recosgnized Adkins. I was waiting to order a drink and the guy next to me was Loaiza. I had to do like 10 double takes and then I said, "Esteban Loaiza, right?" His group was right next to mine. And let me tell you they did have a crew of nice looking women!

jabrch
09-22-2003, 04:37 PM
I do have a media guide, but didn't recognize him. My buddy recosgnized Adkins. I was waiting to order a drink and the guy next to me was Loaiza. I had to do like 10 double takes and then I said, "Esteban Loaiza, right?" His group was right next to mine. And let me tell you they did have a crew of nice looking women!

You mean to tell me that young single professional athletes have hotties following them around? No kidding? :)

Yeah...cool to see...at this point in the season, I don't care what these guys do at night anymore. If it doesn't matter what they do between the white lines, it certainly doesn't matter to me what they do at night.

BeerHandle
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I thought Loaiza was married. Oh, does that even matter for Professional athletes?

LauraJ14
09-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Maybe that's why Loaiza didn't show up to sign autographs
on Sunday before the game along with a few of his teammates.
Very disappointing to the kids who waited in line for 45 minutes for him to show up.

Steve Bartman
09-22-2003, 06:19 PM
I thought Loaiza was married. Oh, does that even matter for Professional athletes?

No, he got divorced.

white sox bill
09-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Hell, if I were on that team, I'd be out too...like for a few real strong ones
Bill