PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 9/22

Lip Man 1
09-22-2003, 10:55 AM
"This was just another game where we had no intensity," Sox infielder Tony Graffanino said. "I can't even say if it is just the last couple of days, either. We have it for a while and then it fades away. --to the Daily Southtown...

HELLO! Anybody home in the manager's office?

Lip

LASOXFAN
09-22-2003, 03:21 PM
It's sad to see things unravel so disastrously. At least the Royals are showing some poise. I agree with Frank though, the team is in a bit of shock and trying to recover. That was a devastating three game series.

I hope the league learns from this and tries to match potential contenders in the final games of the season. I'm not claiming conspiracy but no one expected the Tigers to be any good and many thought the Twins would contend for the World Series. Why throw them such a soft schedule to end the season?

RKMeibalane
09-22-2003, 03:23 PM
:jerry

"Zzzzz..."

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I hope the league learns from this and tries to match potential contenders in the final games of the season. I'm not claiming conspiracy but no one expected the Tigers to be any good and many thought the Twins would contend for the World Series. Why throw them such a soft schedule to end the season?

I think it is more about playing one's own division at the end of the season than playing a guaranteed contender (how would you do that anyway?). The Sox are facing the Royals and at the when the schedule was created, both the Royals and the Tigers were expected to be bad. So the Sox didn't have a harder schedule on paper when the schedules were created.

I like the idea of starting and ending the season against teams in your own division. I think the league should do more of that...

thepaulbowski
09-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Why throw them such a soft schedule to end the season?

If we would have beaten the Tigers & Indians like we should have, we wouldn't be in this situation.

oheeoh...magglio
09-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
[B]"This was just another game where we had no intensity," Sox infielder Tony Graffanino said.

Wow, with our superior manager who always motivates his players, that's a REAL shocker of a quote.