PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Review

mandmandm
09-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Being a Sox fan (or maybe just a dumbass) I attended all three games over the weekend. I can honestly say that the Sox fans who were there Saturday and Sunday should get refunds for a complete lack of effort by most of the players on the team. I usually stay for the entire game regardless of how grim it looks to root on the Sox, but yesterday I had enough in the sixth inning and left. It was likely my last Sox game and polish of the season. Besides the great firework show on Saturday (I think they blew off the fireworks they had purchased for the playoffs) and the beautiful weather yesterday the last two days were a waste of time. It is pathetic that the players could not even give an effort in front of the large crowds.

Jerko
09-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Nice fan appreciation day. I felt appreciated; like a hungry cat appreciates a mouse. I already had tix from my weekend plan, but we did leave early both games. Pathetic.

soxtalker
09-22-2003, 12:10 PM
I've been planning to go tonight, though I can't say that I'm terribly excited about doing so. But I don't know if we can realistically expect much more than we've seen during the past couple of days. One can talk about playing for pride, but first place is really what it is all about. It might be different if they had been in 4th place for most of the season and were now surging. But they were in first place 1 week ago and had the playoffs in view. Now, they're out of it, many won't be back, and their manager is going to be fired. The media which was so supportive during the season -- particularly of their manager -- has turned. Yes, I'd like to see them make an effort for us fans, but they've got to be awfully depressed.

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 12:15 PM
I have tickets for the Wednesday day game. Final home game of the season. woohoo... sigh...

cheeses_h_rice
09-22-2003, 12:22 PM
I have tickets for tonight's game and am considering blowing it off.

Really, what's the point?

Jerko
09-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have tickets for the Wednesday day game. Final home game of the season. woohoo... sigh...

Voodoo, my buddies and I always make it a point to hit that final home game of the year. It is a depressing event every year. The last 2 years, the park was half empty, the stands were all closed, and it was like everyone that worked at the park was looking upon us as if we were 'bothering' them. I do not expect it to be a cheerful place this Wednesday either, but at least with the Yankees in town the park may actually be open for the fans to enjoy one last time. I really do NOT want to go, but hey, it gets me out of work for a day so what the hell.

34 Inch Stick
09-22-2003, 12:51 PM
I am going tonight and have an extra ticket. I hope there are a lot of Yankee fans in town who want to see their team clinch. Maybe I can get face value.

JC456
09-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Being a Sox fan (or maybe just a dumbass) I attended all three games over the weekend. I can honestly say that the Sox fans who were there Saturday and Sunday should get refunds for a complete lack of effort by most of the players on the team. I usually stay for the entire game regardless of how grim it looks to root on the Sox, but yesterday I had enough in the sixth inning and left. It was likely my last Sox game and polish of the season. Besides the great firework show on Saturday (I think they blew off the fireworks they had purchased for the playoffs) and the beautiful weather yesterday the last two days were a waste of time. It is pathetic that the players could not even give an effort in front of the large crowds.

I agree with the Saturday night game. Looked like they got propositioned and complied. Top of the Ninth inning was it for me for the year. Flag came down. My little 2lb 5 oz grandson was going to get a White Sox gift and I said to my, no, no, not after that effort. I'll get him something else to display at the Hospital NICU.