PDA

View Full Version : Just shut up White Sox

Jerko
09-22-2003, 11:14 AM
After reading today's (9-22) Sun times, I just wish that every player, coach, MANAGER, and anybody involved with the Sox would just shut the hell up and quit giving interviews. What a remorseless bunch of losers, manager on down. JM quips "A lot of guys are still trying to reach certain goals (AKA, contract bonuses). Sometimes that can be a distraction more than help the cause. Graffanino calls the Sox up and down play "interesting", Kojerko says "we've been in a grind for a while because we had to play "lights out" the whole 2nd half (poor baby), and Jose V. says "It's tough when you have to win a series and can't be able to do it". JM on Garland "I can't put my finger on it. I was a little surprised at the tempo". Well Jer, maybe it's because Garland hates your stinkin guts. Pull him with an 8-0 lead and deprive him of a complete game shutout, yank him with a 4-1 lead and a low pitch count, causing him to throw his glove and storm off the field. After that game, I think he lost his next 2 starts. Then you mess with him in the flu-gate scenario, pushing him back a day, knowing that when you do these things he loses it, and he's lost the last 2 games since then. Add in the 3 day rest AFTER messing up the order of the rotation and that's it for Garland. The kid IS a head-case, which is not JM's fault; but if you KNOW the kid is a head-case, and JM has been around LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG enough to know it; quit messing with him! Sox, just shut up! It's bad enough you are a bunch of gutless wonders (not ALL of them); why show everybody that you're stupid as well?

shane
09-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Kojerko says "we've been in a grind for a while because we had to play "lights out" the whole 2nd half (poor baby)

I would suggest he try to play "lights out" for an entire season next year.

Jerko
09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by shane
I would suggest he try to play "lights out" for an entire season next year.

Oh, if only, if only...................

Lip Man 1
09-22-2003, 11:58 AM
I hope the Sox take a long hard look at the Yankees when they clinch at Comiskey park in the next few days.

Maybe they can learn something about "professionalism," about playing hard every day. It's not the 'hitting background," or the "umpires," gang.

Stop making excuses...some some heart these last seven games. Try to win one OK, at least have a winning season.

Lip

JC456
09-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I hope the Sox take a long hard look at the Yankees when they clinch at Comiskey park in the next few days.

Maybe they can learn something about "professionalism," about playing hard every day. It's not the 'hitting background," or the "umpires," gang.

Stop making excuses...some some heart these last seven games. Try to win one OK, at least have a winning season.

Lip

I went to the game on Saturday night and after they went down 5 to 1, they gave up. Top of the Ninth inning, bases full one out, a ground ball to first and Konerko doesn't even try to field it. Two hopper two feet off the line, scores two. Then in the bottom of the ninth the three hitters hit little soft ground balls hardly running down the line. Everyone saw them give up. In my book you never give up, you fight and scratch as long as you can and then fight and scratch some more. Not this group. That's why they lost yesterday. They didn't much care about the outcome. Maybe they want JM to look bad, but it makes them look worse. Shame on all of them who quit.

The play in the ninth Saturday night could have been viewed as Konerko got bought out not to field in the ninth. Black Sox scandal 2003!! Looked to me like he intentionally let it go. Isn't that interesting?

Then Look at the taters that Garland threw yesterday. Don't know!!! Something smells. :o:

LASOXFAN
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

Well said! And while they're at it, why don't they ask Willie Randolph to stop by and try on a uniform so we can get his size right for next season! How cool would it be to bring in a manager who knows how to win it all? :cool:

StillMissOzzie
09-24-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Oh, if only, if only...................

Of course, Konerko omits the minor fact the in large part, his inability to cross the Mendoza line until after the All-Star game made the first half suck, thus forcing "lights out" play just to get back in the hunt.

His head must be WAY up his hind end.

SMO
:gulp: