PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 14, two out...

czalgosz
08-28-2001, 11:21 PM
Shammy up...

:moron

What??? Groundout to short??? This is a travesty... My wondrous prose has been hampered with the terrible ending to this game! Sammy should get a do-over!

:shammy

Well, they were trying to walk me, but then I would not be able to be the hero!

doublem23
08-28-2001, 11:24 PM
LOL, czal...

:clueless
Those damn Giants better start losing so the Cubbies can get in the play-offs. At least, that's the way I see it! Rich Aurilia is an overrated phenom!

FarWestChicago
08-28-2001, 11:25 PM
What??? Groundout to short??? This is a travesty... My wondrous prose has been hampered with the terrible ending to this game! Sammy should get a do-over!

That was a do-over, Jay. Didn't you see your hero end an inning in his previous at bat swinging at a pitch 2 feet outside on a 3-0 count where a walk would have put a speedy runner in scoring position?

doublem23
08-28-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That was a do-over, Jay. Didn't you see your hero end an inning in his previous at bat swinging at a pitch 2 feet outside on a 3-0 count where a walk would have put a speedy runner in scoring position?

Scoring position? 3-0 count? Inning? Only you Smut Sox would make up goofy baseball terms to confuse the rest of us! All I know is that home runs are the only thing that matters in baseball!

czalgosz
08-28-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Hey man, don't bummer my buzz here...

Did you guys see my homer earlier tonight? I'll tell you a secret... If you swing really really hard and spend all winter lifting weights and don't care whether the situation calls for it, you too can make the Sportscenter highlights!

They will not show my swing-and-miss at a 3-0 pitch in a tough situation, they instead will show me hopping way back in the first. And the money comes rolling in...

See, I told you the Cubs did the right thing mortgaging the future for this guy and for Fred McGriff...

doublem23
08-28-2001, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
And the money comes rolling in...

In America, first you hit the homers, then you get the money, then you get the women.

:litasoxthong
Like I'd be seen in drab Cubs gear.

:barney&sham
Don't forget me, Sammy!

LetsGoSox_1
08-30-2001, 10:47 AM
lol I remember seeing Barney singing the 7th inning stretch. It was hillarious. Than Chip Carreys eyes all wide and shiny looking at Barney it was like a dream come true for Chip while dave Otto was calling Barney a dinosaur. Typical Flubs broadcast.