PDA

View Full Version : Payroll

RichH55
09-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Crede, Olivo, Reed, Borchard = 1 -1.5 million total
Assume Jose and Robbie resign = 5 million total (6 Overall)
Frank = 6 million (12 operall)
Mags = 14million (26 overall)
C. Lee = 6.5 million estimated (32.5 overall)
Thats 32.5 wrapped in the lineup assuming you deal Paulie and assuming you go with 2 rookies and get a nice paycut for Jose and Robbie

IMO thats best case scenario right there

Buerhle will get a big raise (6.5?), Loaiza will get 3.5, Garland is working for scale Thats 10-11 million in 3 starters

So lets go with 44 million as a round number

Koch 6.25
Sullivan 3.1(perhaps he wont be back)
Gordon 2.5
Marte, Wunch, Ginter, Wright = 1-1.5 million
13 million for the Bullpen and 10-11 million for 3 starters

Lineup + Bullpen + 3 Starters = 57 million right there

Odalis Perez? 4-5 million
Schoneweis as 5th starter (Shudder) would be like 1.5 million(ship his ass elsewhere or keep him for the bullpen if Sullivan is gone)
thats another 6 million

So 63 + lets say 3 million for bench players and thats 66 million

I would think that would be doable, but no Konerko and no Colon

LASOXFAN
09-22-2003, 03:25 AM
I say you lose Frank and Flash for sure. We can probably deal Koch as well. Dump Jose and let Colon go. Then put on the full court press to bring in Miggy.

chitown sox
09-22-2003, 03:43 AM
Let colon go?!

:sox :bcolon :sox :bcolon :sox :bcolon :sox

RichH55
09-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
I say you lose Frank and Flash for sure. We can probably deal Koch as well. Dump Jose and let Colon go. Then put on the full court press to bring in Miggy.

You really can't lose Frank since its his choice to stay or go.

And when dealing within budget constraints why would you let the two most cost-effective parts of the team go? If you are in a crunch why would you keep Sullivan instead of Gordon, when Sullivan makes more and provides less?!?!?

cornball
09-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Crede, Olivo, Reed, Borchard = 1 -1.5 million total
Assume Jose and Robbie resign = 5 million total (6 Overall)
Frank = 6 million (12 operall)
Mags = 14million (26 overall)
C. Lee = 6.5 million estimated (32.5 overall)
Thats 32.5 wrapped in the lineup assuming you deal Paulie and assuming you go with 2 rookies and get a nice paycut for Jose and Robbie

IMO thats best case scenario right there

Buerhle will get a big raise (6.5?), Loaiza will get 3.5, Garland is working for scale Thats 10-11 million in 3 starters

So lets go with 44 million as a round number

Koch 6.25
Sullivan 3.1(perhaps he wont be back)
Gordon 2.5

Marte, Wunch, Ginter, Wright = 1-1.5 million
13 million for the Bullpen and 10-11 million for 3 starters

Lineup + Bullpen + 3 Starters = 57 million right there

Odalis Perez? 4-5 million
Schoneweis as 5th starter (Shudder) would be like 1.5 million(ship his ass elsewhere or keep him for the bullpen if Sullivan is gone)
thats another 6 million

So 63 + lets say 3 million for bench players and thats 66 million

I would think that would be doable, but no Konerko and no Colon

Paul K will not rework his contract for a lesser contract, stupid on his part. Vanlentin should just leave, Colon a long shot, but i hope he stays.

RichH55
09-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by cornball
Paul K will not rework his contract for a lesser contract, stupid on his part. Vanlentin should just leave, Colon a long shot, but i hope he stays.

Hey...Paulie signed the deal he was offered. Well I think he needs to be gone(mainly because of the contract)...hard to fault a guy for signing long term and ensuring his future(financially).

And yes I know your thoughts on Valentin(nice spelling by the way, he's only been here how many years?)....When you think that Clayton is a better option than Jose at SS, establish yourself as a supporter of the Choice and then cite "attitude" as the main reason to launch a long time player who puts up great numbers(not .200 for the first 3 months of the year)...well then you have lost all credibility

Thanks for crawling our of the woodwork, might I suggest hiding under a rock next time?

JRIG
09-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

Originally posted by RichH55

You really can't lose Frank since its his choice to stay or go.

And when dealing within budget constraints why would you let the two most cost-effective parts of the team go? If you are in a crunch why would you keep Sullivan instead of Gordon, when Sullivan makes more and provides less?!?!?

And why would then turn around and try to sign the player who will undoubtedly be the most overpaid free agent of the offseason in Tejada? Hmmm...pay Tejada $10 million for less production than Thomas or keep Thomas at $6 million...

voodoochile
09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by chitown sox
Let colon go?!

:sox :bcolon :sox :bcolon :sox :bcolon :sox

Welcome Aboard! :D:

It will depend on his salary demands. If someone else is willing to pay him $50M over 4-5 years, He Gone...