PDA

View Full Version : FLUBBIES LOSE!!! FLUBBIES LOSE!!! 4 BACK OF THE ASTROS N/M

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-28-2001, 11:19 PM
N/M

FarWestChicago
08-28-2001, 11:26 PM
LOL!! I'm watching the Giants-D-Bucks game. They announced the Flubs lost in 14 and one of the announcers said, "Somebody follow Ron Santo home".

Spiff
08-28-2001, 11:29 PM
Don't look now but Houston has the best record in the NL.

Just goes to show any team can rebound after losing a vital part of their team for a year. :hurt

HootieMcBoob
08-28-2001, 11:33 PM
Did you see DeShields drop that flyball in left (which was the winning run) ?

Ahh, remember Brant Brown???

:santo
Oh No! Oh No!!!

doublem23
08-28-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob

Fondly!

czalgosz
08-28-2001, 11:39 PM

Oh No! Oh No!!!

LMAO!!!

Have you noticed how the Cubune has subtly changed their stories to reflect, not the Cubs slow fade in the standings, but Sammy's homers?

Let's face facts, the Astros are in first place with their top two starters on the DL right now. A rookie is their ace. Sound familiar? If the Sox were in the NL Central, they'd be ahead by 10 games right now with that weak division.

The fact that the Cubs are even in the pennant race shows just how weak the rest of the National League is this year.

ihatethecubs
08-28-2001, 11:43 PM
at about 7:15 we were losing 6-1 and sammy just hit a "bomb" and it looked like another bad day. now look what happened! hahahaha

No-Neck
08-29-2001, 08:19 AM
I slept very well last night, Knowing that the natural order of life is returning: Sox win, Cubs lose.

I want the Sox to end up closer to first than the Flubs. That would be a riot!

:nocubs

balz1472
08-29-2001, 09:28 AM
The real Chicago standings:....
W L GB
Flubs 72 59 -
SOX 66 64 5.5

I think we can still catch'em! That would make this year worthwhile even if we don't make the playoffs! Just to put in all of the FLUB fans' faces!

Randar68
08-29-2001, 09:31 AM
I think we can still catch'em! That would make this year worthwhile even if we don't make the playoffs! Just to put in all of the FLUB fans' faces!

Yeah, and I have a steakhouse lunch on it that the Sox will overtake the Flubs with my CEO!

Man, that would just be too much fun to go to that lunch!!!

Procol Harum
08-29-2001, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Yeah, and I have a steakhouse lunch on it that the Sox will overtake the Flubs with my CEO!
Man, that would just be too much fun to go to that lunch!!!

LOL! You go, Randar! Uh-huh! Uh-Huh! That would be one of those sweet little snapshots if this would come to pass--Sox fans all over sticking it to their Cub fan friends, relatives and co-workers. Let's hope! :)

Chisox353014
08-29-2001, 09:49 AM
Have you noticed how the Cubune has subtly changed their stories to reflect, not the Cubs slow fade in the standings, but Sammy's homers?

Good call! Saw someone reading the Cubune on the El and the print edition headline today was "History in defeat". It was about Sosa tying the record for homers in August. The internet edition has a different headline, but 2/3 of the story is about Shammy.

On a related note, the Cubs are about to kill this guy. (http://chicagosports.com/cubs/content/story/0,1984,160766,00.html) Poor old sap! Get off the bandwagon now while there's still time!

cheeses_h_rice
08-29-2001, 09:55 AM
I read today's cover story in the Trib sports section, and you had to really squint to notice that the Flubs lost the game. A 2-foot high photo of the Gladiator watching his meaningless first-inning zinger leaving the park? Now THAT'S journalism!

:moron

They learned from the best!

Procol Harum
08-29-2001, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Good call! Saw someone reading the Cubune on the El and the print edition headline today was "History in defeat". It was about Sosa tying the record for homers in August. The internet edition has a different headline, but 2/3 of the story is about Shammy.

The amazing thing will be to see if the Cub fans follow suit--wouldn't wanna lay odds against it...

Chisox353014
08-29-2001, 02:07 PM

Oh No! Oh No!!!

Anyone know where to get a copy of that call? A quick search on Google turned up nothing. Does any radio station ever play it? I want to make it into a .wav file and send it to my Cub-fan friend. LOL

CubKiller
08-29-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Anyone know where to get a copy of that call?...

I want that too. I tried to find it a while back but had no luck. Someone has to have it...right?

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
A 2-foot high photo of the Gladiator

Funny how the real Gladiator was with the Sox in Detroit.

:shammy
No friends he's talking about Cal Eldred, but thanks for looking.

Iwritecode
08-29-2001, 03:17 PM

Oh No! Oh No!!!

I know this is a little off the subject but I guess this whole thread is anyways. Is there anything more stupid in any MLB park than those weeds growing along the outfield wall in Wrigley? It's even worse than any ferris wheel or choo choo train. When he dropped that ball it should have been a sure triple. Instead it rolls into the weeds (although I could still see the ball quite clearly on TV). So then he goes to pick it up, thinks better of it and pulls his hands back and puts them up. I know the Sox have been robbed a few times that way too. The funny thing about it was he started to go back and pick it up, probably to give it to a fan or something, and then decided against that too. I think if the ump can walk out there and clearly see the ball, the runner should get to take third. Either that or we should all go into Wrigley with a bunch of weed killer and get rid of the crap. Sorry, that's my little rant for the day.

FarWestChicago
08-29-2001, 03:23 PM
I know this is a little off the subject but I guess this whole thread is anyways. Is there anything more stupid in any MLB park than those weeds growing along the outfield wall in Wrigley?

Two words: Round Up.

Iwritecode
08-29-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

I thought about that stuff too. I was hoping for something a little more toxic. Maybe we're thinking too small. How about a wrecking ball and get rid of the entire eyesore all together?

I hear Charlotte's nice this time of year...

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

MLB should at least force them to cut the bottom 12" down to the brick, I say. The ivy started out as a way to protect the outfielders if they ran in to the wall. Now it has become some sort of weird NS home field advantage. No other stadium has a part of the field where the ball comes to rest in play and cannot be seen (or can be legally ignored), except for tarp shots, which everyone has. This isn't hitting a wire in fair play in a domed stadium, it is a live ball that "cannot be recovered". How stupid is that?

Randar68
08-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Either that or we should all go into Wrigley with a bunch of weed killer and get rid of the crap. Sorry, that's my little rant for the day.

OH MAN! That's a great F'In idea.....

Man, If a whole bunch of Sox fans took over the first bleacher row, and all brought little bottles of Highly toxic weed Killer, they could really make a huge dent in that wall of shame.....

Ohhhhhhhh, that would be grand!

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

OH MAN! That's a great F'In idea.....

Man, If a whole bunch of Sox fans took over the first bleacher row, and all brought little bottles of Highly toxic weed Killer, they could really make a huge dent in that wall of shame.....

Ohhhhhhhh, that would be grand!

Yeah, except Daver might bring "Agent Orange" or something and then ShamME would be in serious trouble...

Moses_Scurry
08-29-2001, 04:14 PM
I think that once a player touches the ball, it should be live whether it gets lost in the weeds or not. That was crap.

Remember a couple years ago when Samantha lost a ball in the weeds in right, but the ump saw where it went? It ended up being a game winning inside the park homer for whoever the chubs were playing that night. I laughed for a very long time!!

HootieMcBoob
08-29-2001, 04:37 PM
Anyone hear Chimp Caray's call when DeShields dropped the ball and it got stuck in the ivy???

:chimp
Well, Delino did the right thing by throwing his hands up right away. You don't want to do any late night gardening in those weeds over there.

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I think that once a player touches the ball, it should be live whether it gets lost in the weeds or not. That was crap.

Remember a couple years ago when Samantha lost a ball in the weeds in right, but the ump saw where it went? It ended up being a game winning inside the park homer for whoever the chubs were playing that night. I laughed for a very long time!!

While I don't remember the incident in question, I think you have a good point. If a player touches a ball that then hops into the stands, it is a homerun isn't it? Or only if it doesn't hit the ground?

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If a player touches a ball that then hops into the stands, it is a homerun isn't it?

:bashbro
I wouldn't know anything about having a ball hit a player then go over the fence.

voodoochile
08-29-2001, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:bashbro
I wouldn't know anything about having a ball hit a player then go over the fence.

Actually I meant if it bounces then goes off a glove into the stands...

It would be funny watching flubbie outfielders trying to avoid touching balls they weren't sure they could catch, just to they could hope to see it stuck in the ivy...

(boy did that come out weird...)

:)

Jerry_Manuel
08-29-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Actually I meant if it bounces then goes off a glove into the stands...

My bad VC.

:reinsy
We can't all be perfect.

Buddy_Bradford
08-30-2001, 11:30 AM
I could not resist becoming a member of this board when someone requests a sound byte of a Cub defining moment in history. It's a zip file, hope this works- remember I'm a newbie.

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Buddy_Bradford
I could not resist becoming a member of this board when someone requests a sound byte of a Cub defining moment in history. It's a zip file, hope this works- remember I'm a newbie.

Works for me. That's what I call a grand entrance, Buddy! Welcome to WSI!

FarWestChicago
08-30-2001, 11:52 AM
I could not resist becoming a member of this board when someone requests a sound byte of a Cub defining moment in history.

I have been sitting in my office laughing for several minutes. A couple of guys have stopped by to find out what's so funny. I play them the clip and they wonder who the guy is dying in the background, LOL!!

cheeses_h_rice
08-30-2001, 11:54 AM
Welcome, Buddy!

Wow, a Peter Bagge fan AND a Sox fan AND a Flubs-hater! That's a triple threat if I ever saw one!

Chisox353014
08-30-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Buddy_Bradford

OMG! Talk about making a good first impression! Thanks man! I am going to have fun with this LOL. My Cub-fan friend will soon be receiving a .wav file titled "Sammy's 62nd HR-1998". Little does he know what's really in store for him! MUHAHAHAHA!

Buddy_Bradford
08-30-2001, 12:49 PM
Thank you...Thank you

I feel a warm and fuzzy welcome here. I'll try to contribute plenty more when 'da boss ain't lookin'.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-30-2001, 06:23 PM
I just heard the clip now & IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*****!!!!!!

Those two jackasses sounded like the world had just ended or something. PRICELESS!!!!!

If that's how they sound over a dropped fly ball I can't wait till the day the Flubbies are mathematically eliminated from postseason contention.

*****!!!!!