PDA

View Full Version : Think about this for a second...


JRIG
09-21-2003, 04:18 PM
But don't think about it for too long or you'll cry.

There is a very good chance this team will finish in third place.

A team with more talent than anybody else in the division. A team that had a 2-game lead 2 weeks ago. A team with Colon, Buehrle, Loaiza, Marte, Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Everett.

A fitting and final indictment of Jerry Manuel. This team should have sleep-walked into the playoffs. Instead, tee-times are being scheduled.

RichH55
09-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
But don't think about it for too long or you'll cry.

There is a very good chance this team will finish in third place.

A team with more talent than anybody else in the division. A team that had a 2-game lead 2 weeks ago. A team with Colon, Buehrle, Loaiza, Marte, Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Everett.

A fitting and final indictment of Jerry Manuel. This team should have sleep-walked into the playoffs. Instead, tee-times are being scheduled.

Catch-22 with Jerry....People want him gone for the greater good, but people wanted to make the playoffs.

If we make the playoffs, Jerry stays. If we don't, Jerry is gone, but we've missed the playoffs

Same thing with Dick and the Bears two years ago...In Football it would have been better to miss the playoffs....perhaps we are looking at the same thing here

duke of dorwood
09-21-2003, 04:34 PM
We were never going to make the playoffs with him as manager.

RichH55
09-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We were never going to make the playoffs with him as manager.

Never is a strong word...especially since we have in fact made the playoffs with him as manager.

Does this mean he is a great manager, no. Does it mean I think we should keep him, of course not. But to claim we would NEVER do something with him, that we have in fact done with him, seems to be stretching the issue.....hyperbole anyone?

duke of dorwood
09-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I considered that a fluke-after seeing him in action since then

RichH55
09-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I considered that a fluke-after seeing him in action since then


The fluke still happened;) Thats why I almost never use absolutes

TornLabrum
09-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
But don't think about it for too long or you'll cry.

There is a very good chance this team will finish in third place.

A team with more talent than anybody else in the division. A team that had a 2-game lead 2 weeks ago. A team with Colon, Buehrle, Loaiza, Marte, Thomas, Ordonez, Lee and Everett.

A fitting and final indictment of Jerry Manuel. This team should have sleep-walked into the playoffs. Instead, tee-times are being scheduled.

Don't look now, but if the Sox lose their last 7 games (which is now quite possible), they could end up at .500. I would guess that if we win one more game, Gen. Disarray will consider this season a success.