PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals - September 21, 2003

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 01:09 PM
2B- Graffanino
CF- Rowand
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
SS- Valentin
C- Olivo

Haven't seen this lineup in a while.

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

It looks like Manuel wants to go out in grand glory as far as his tinkering is concerned.

fuzzy_patters
09-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
2B- Graffanino
CF- Rowand
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
SS- Valentin
C- Olivo

It looks like Manuel wants to go out in grand glory as far as his tinkering is concerned.

He's just giving Everett and the Alomars the day off so they will be rested up for the stretch run. (I thought about making this teal, but it might really be his intent.)

kittle42
09-21-2003, 01:23 PM
If I were Manuel, I would just play Miles, Rowand, Harris, and Jamie Burke to see if I got fired today or in a week.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
If I were Manuel, I would just play Miles, Rowand, Harris, and Jamie Burke to see if I got fired today or in a week.

Let's not give him anymore ideas. I still want to see this team at least finish in second place.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Only eight more days until Manuel is fired.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-21-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, too, but I'm 100 percent AGAINST going to a 4-man rotation. The season is over and I see no good reason for risking the health of any of our pitchers just so Jerry Manuel can win 1-2 extra games. If he was this concerned about winning back in April and May (or even June and July), we wouldn't be in this predicament. Too little, too late...

Our goal right now ought not be catching the Twins. If miracles happen, so be it. Instead, our goal ought to be making sure everyone we need enters the off-season healthy and as likely as possible to be ready to contribute 100 percent next season. That's a goal that is likely to pay dividends, unlike Manuel's.

"What? Giving up? I was just getting serious!"

:ohno
"Get serious in Sacramento."

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, too, but I'm 100 percent AGAINST going to a 4-man rotation. The season is over and I see no good reason for risking the health of any of our pitchers just so Jerry Manuel can win 1-2 extra games. If he was this concerned about winning back in April and May (or even June and July), we wouldn't be in this predicament. Too little, too late...

Our goal right now ought not be catching the Twins. If miracles happen, so be it. Instead, our goal ought to be making sure everyone we need enters the off-season healthy and as likely as possible to be ready to contribute 100 percent next season. That's a goal that is likely to pay dividends, unlike Manuel's.

"What? Giving up? I was just getting serious!"

:ohno
"Get serious in Sacramento."

In spite of what he told the media this week, I think Manuel is afraid of what might happen with his job once the season ends. Therefore, he seems to be trying to make a last-ditch effort to salvage this season so that Reinsdorf and Williams won't fire his ass next Monday.

I will be the first to cheer with that moron is canned. The sooner that Jerry Manuel is out of our lives, the better off things will be.

kittle42
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Let's not give him anymore ideas. I still want to see this team at least finish in second place.

"But Jamie is hitting .667."

ma-gaga
09-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, too, but I'm 100 percent AGAINST going to a 4-man rotation.

Three weeks ago it was defensable to go to a 4 man rotation, but starting with the Cotts fiasco against the Yankees, the management of the pitching staff has been terrible.

Wishy washy. Skipping guys turns thru the order, prioritizing games against Cleveland, complete fly-by-your-ass crap. It's too late to go to this. Then again, from what we know of Jerry Manual, it's completely in character.

voodoochile
09-21-2003, 02:19 PM

But it's working so well...

You think Garland is tired or just exceedingly over it?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-21-2003, 02:31 PM
LMAO! Rowand comes to the plate with Graffanino on first base, so Hawk says...

:hawk
"Here's Aaron Rowand in a rare start, a young man who is going to develop into one heck of a ballplayer."

Very next pitch, Rowand squares to bunt and pops one up so high, the rightfielder broke in on it! :smile:

:hawk
<stunned silence>

Ah, we can still laugh about all of this...

:gulp:

"Well, maybe you can, but..."

Daver
09-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

You think Garland is tired or just exceedingly over it?

The term "mailing it in" comes to mind.

FJA
09-21-2003, 02:49 PM
2B- Graffanino
CF- Rowand
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
SS- Valentin
C- Olivo

Good thing Jerry sent his best lineup out there for fan appreciation day.

What a joke ... not that fan appreciation day means much anyway, but it's ironic the tinkering resumes on a day to honor the fans. They should've fired Manuel yesterday and had fan managerial day, where, like the Aquafina thing, a fan is picked at random to manage the team. It certainly couldn't have been any worse.

FJA
09-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, this is thoroughly embarrassing. (But I must say, I predicted losing that second game in Minnesota would lead to a sweep, then a 2-4 homestand--one win against each team--and then a split to end the season. This team is so horribly predictable.) I think I might be done watching this team for the season. Despite the bitter end, it's been fun. I just don't think this team has enough pride to even care about second place. Welcome to third soon enough, Sox fans. Ugh. Will someone please tell the manager that misguided fans are still paying to watch the team?

BTW, Hawk is blaming the missed call at the plate for three runs. Last time I checked, no matter what the umps do, Garland still can't be pitching balls that can be hit into orbit.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Remember they STILL don't have themselves a "winning" season yet. And with the Yankees still not having wrapped things up (although they will do it ON the field in Chicago) it's going to be another ugly few days.

Wouldn't it be a gas if this club lost all their remaining games and finished EXECTLY at .500 AGAIN!

Lip

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Remember they STILL don't have themselves a "winning" season yet. And with the Yankees still not having wrapped things up (although they will do it ON the field in Chicago) it's going to be another ugly few days.

Wouldn't it be a gas if this club lost all their remaining games and finished EXECTLY at .500 AGAIN!

Lip

That would only prove that this team will never win anything.

voodoochile
09-21-2003, 03:29 PM

Lip

Okay, I have as strange a sense of humor as anyone, but... NO, Lip... That wouldn't be funny...

At least not "ha ha" funny... :(:

SoxxoS
09-21-2003, 03:35 PM
As Boers and Bernstein say...At least this team is "Fun Bad"

Unregistered
09-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
As Boers and Bernstein say...At least this team is "Fun Bad" I'd agree, but I'm still waiting for the "Fun" part... :(:

This sucks out loud.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 03:52 PM
(Looks around for Daver)

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK...

(Runs away to hide)

Daver
09-21-2003, 03:54 PM
(Looks around for Daver)

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK...

(Runs away to hide)

Are you any good at hiding?

:bandance:

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Are you any good at hiding?

:bandance:

Not really.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 03:57 PM
What in the world has happened to this team? This reminds me of last season, when they would go out there every day and get their asses handed to them. Wait! That's been happening this year, too.

SoxEd
09-21-2003, 04:03 PM
What the heck's happened recently?

We've blown important games we should've won recently and now, in the top of the 7th against KC at home we're 10-2 down!?!

a) Has the team given up on any chance of winning the division and is now looking forward to watching the Bears in October?

or

b) have they decided to play really badly for the remaining games in an attempt to get JM fired?

or

c) have they just lost the plot?

P.S. Has anyone seen my Prozac?

MRKARNO
09-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxEd
b) have they decided to play really badly for the remaining games in an attempt to get JM fired?

I wouldnt mind this one

Daver
09-21-2003, 04:07 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/shoot_the_dog%20copy.jpg

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I just got back from the park -- what a freaking joke. Nothing like getting to your seat to find your team down 4-0 already.

I left when it was 7-2, knowing damn well this feckless team wouldn't have the stones to come back, and of course, now it's 10-2.

Welcome to third place, almost, boys.

South Sider
09-21-2003, 04:08 PM
:angry: :angry: No further words needed here ! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Nick@Nite
09-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SoxEd
Has anyone seen my Prozac?

:prozac
Here you go.

:beer
Btw, wash'm down with a few of these.

Pass a few pills/beers my way while your add it!

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm sure that someone will hit a meaningless home run in the ninth inning.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Manuel has completely emptied the bench. How much worse will this get?

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 04:21 PM

"We're playing to win the rest of the way."

Every time that man opens his mouth, disaster strikes.

****ing idiot ------------------------------------------> :jerry

Win1ForMe
09-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm sure that someone will hit a meaningless home run in the ninth inning.

HAHAHAHA... What a great call.

RKMeibalane
09-21-2003, 04:23 PM
Rowand with a home run. Does anybody care?

Nope? That's what I thought.

MisterB
09-21-2003, 04:32 PM

No, Lip. Most of us find no levity in the Sox' failures, unlike you who seem to rather enjoy them.

Nick@Nite
09-21-2003, 04:42 PM
I have no idea why I watched this game... I guess I'm just stubborn (you never know when a 5 game winning streak will happen on a Sunday afternoon).

SouthBendSox
09-21-2003, 04:53 PM
why did he put in the scrubs?????????

SoxEd
09-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
why did he put in the scrubs?????????

Perhaps he's going to say that the starters weren't performing so he gave the bench a chance and...they blew it.

NOT his fault at all, you see.

Or perhaps he was trying to send a message to the starters that if they don't perform they'll be manning the bench for the next game or two (good idea this late in the season).

Or perhaps he's trying to blood them prior to their post-season games (lol).

Or perhaps he's given up, and decided to let all his players taste the glory of defeat.

Only JM knows for sure.

duke of dorwood
09-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Why not? Cover up those that are cleaning their golf clubs

delben91
09-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Well...that was rather ugly.

duke of dorwood
09-21-2003, 05:16 PM
I watched the first inning-then went to the radio and cleaned my garage

Lip Man 1
09-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Mister B says; " No, Lip. Most of us find no levity in the Sox' failures, unlike you who seem to rather enjoy them."

Actually B I don't, I suffer when this team looks like ca-ca. However I do love sticking the pin in those stuffed shirts (particilarly the optimists) who like to make personal attacks on myself and others because we "don't see the glass as half full..."

Call it my little foible.....

And by the way just wondering....

I think today was "Fan Appreciation Day."

Wasn't that an impressive performance put on by the Sox to thank their loyal supporters? Did it look to all of you that the last place these baggy pants buffoons wanted to be was on that playing field?

Heartless, gutless, brain dead, your 2003 White Sox. They deserved every hoot, cat-call, and insult they got this weekend from the loyal fans. (I'm sure those phones are ringing off the hook for season tickets next year...)

Lip