PDA

View Full Version : The 2 fake Chicago Baseball Seasons almost over.

Grobber33
09-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Face it,,they both suck!! We dont have any chance for Playoffs in this town out of our 5 (so-called)Major League teams with the possible exception of the Bulls,and that's a longshot.The Bears may be the worst team in the NFL,The Blackhawks could be rock bottom in the NHL,The Sox will be eliminated early this week,because they still despite a powerfull lineup,disappear on offense--it's been said alot and Manuel denies it,but too many guys swing for the fences,and this is a lousy situation hitting team.Hell,Valentin ONLY swings for the fence.Why the hell does this guy EVER bat right handed.Dr.Crawdad could hit right handed better than Valentin.You guys deserve to be pissed--no doubt about it. As for my favorite team,most days,they cant get any runs even if they ate a whole box of EXLAX! Losing to a slug like Ryan Vogelsong! They are a complete joke. Yes they are still alive,but they will not make it unless the Astros choke.Pittsburgh use's the Cubs as their B-----s,always have.
The Bears? I'll invent a word to describe them. BOGUSNESS!!!
LES

cheeses_h_rice
09-20-2003, 10:12 PM
You mean it takes more than 1 or 2 consistently good starting pitchers to win your division?

I'm shocked.

oheeoh...magglio
09-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Face it,,they both suck!! We dont have any chance for Playoffs in this town out of our 5 (so-called)Major League teams with the possible exception of the Bulls,and that's a longshot.The Bears may be the worst team in the NFL,The Blackhawks could be rock bottom in the NHL,The Sox will be eliminated early this week,because they still despite a powerfull lineup,disappear on offense--it's been said alot and Manuel denies it,but too many guys swing for the fences,and this is a lousy situation hitting team.Hell,Valentin ONLY swings for the fence.Why the hell does this guy EVER bat right handed.Dr.Crawdad could hit right handed better than Valentin.You guys deserve to be pissed--no doubt about it. As for my favorite team,most days,they cant get any runs even if they ate a whole box of EXLAX! Losing to a slug like Ryan Vogelsong! They are a complete joke. Yes they are still alive,but they will not make it unless the Astros choke.Pittsburgh use's the Cubs as their B-----s,always have.
LES

Very well said, Les. Professional sports in Chicago SUCK!!! All I can say is go Northern Illinois!! Sad isn't it??

StillMissOzzie
09-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by oheeoh...magglio
Very well said, Les. Professional sports in Chicago SUCK!!! All I can say is go Northern Illinois!! Sad isn't it??

And how about NIU kicking Alabama's but - IN ALABAMA? !!

TommyJohn
09-21-2003, 04:45 AM
LES

Oh come on, Les. You know the Cubs are still in it and you're
hoping.

Incidentally, I see that Sosa K'd four times and left 3 guys on
base. So when will we see A.H. Mariotti's article heaping abuse
on Sosa? When will he say Sosa CHOKED and tell him to GET
LOST? If the Cubs get eliminated, we'll see that, I'm sure. And
I'll hold my breath until it happens.

hose
09-21-2003, 07:22 AM
LES

Les at least your team still has a legitimate shot. The Cubs are facing two triple A teams while Houston has to play St.Louis and SF still.

After Prior ran over Giles this year I got the impression that he wasn't the sharpest tack in the pack. Now that he opens his big mouth and says he wants Houston to beat St.Louis I'm convinced.

You might have to replace the Shaq tape of the jackass with Mark Prior. :D:

Or at least get a ....FOR THAT YOU SUCK segment on your show.

Les I have to believe Tommy Williams is giving you a few shots....

jabrch
09-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Yeah Les...we all suck at the end of the day...

Here's a question for you... Which ownership is the worst? Divided up, Which ownership
1) Treats the fans worse?
2) Treats the players worse?
3) Is least likely to ever win a championship?
4) Is most likely to sell?

Nick@Nite
09-21-2003, 10:55 AM
... but I got to tell you Les, (and to paraphrase Public Enemy) "can't do nuttin' for ya man, the Sox got problems of their own".

MHOUSE
09-21-2003, 11:47 AM
The Chicago Fire have been in first place for most of the season. They'll most likely be in their playoffs sometime in the next month. I know soccer isn't as big as the other sports yet, but check it out if you haven't.

doublem23
09-21-2003, 07:40 PM
With the Sox all but done... as long as the Cubs blow, I'll be a little happy.

Gumshoe
09-21-2003, 07:50 PM
It's all about the owners in Chicago. Think about it. They all

SUCK

Gumshoe

duke of dorwood
09-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Of the 2 teams, the Sox actually tried harder to get well into the playoffs. They picked up Colon, and obtained proven all star calibur players at the break, and Koch was supposed to be good. The Flubs got lucky in getting the 2nd baseman and Karros in a salary dump and I dont think they expected much. They are backing in due to big injuries to pitching in their division. Thats the way it goes. The other teams in town are captive to bad ownership.

StillMissOzzie
09-21-2003, 11:58 PM
For the 2003 season, the Scrubs fans are ecstatic because they did way more than expected. The Sox fans are bummin' because these bunch of underachievers did way LESS than expected. The Scrubs are still alive, with a Twinkie-like schedule the rest of the year. The Sox are struggling to hang onto 2nd place vs. the Royals, and looking pathetic in the process.

I applaud all the moves KW made to bring us a winner. Now the hard part - which ones will we keep for the 2004 campaign?

I think the JM is a goner ASAP after the regular season. I think that was a foregone conclusion after the sweep in MN. Since he's still under contract for another year, I don't look for JR to be spending big $$$ for a new manager. He's not one to spend big for ONE manager, let alone having to pay for two next year. Which is why I'll predict Wally Backman will get the nod. And screw the veterans talking about an uproar, outrage, mutiny,... or what ever hollow threats they were making if JM is gone. KW already showed us that players can be dumped, too. I'm sure D Jiminez is very happy being the everyday 2B in Cinci, who will never win a thing in my lifetime.

SMO
:gulp:

Hangar18
09-22-2003, 08:23 AM
Give me a Break Lester. You know your cubbie season isnt over, when the Reds are playing their AA and AAA all-stars out there. Cubs will win the division because most of the cub veterans are better than the AA regulars

Grobber33
09-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Give me a Break Lester. You know your cubbie season isnt over, when the Reds are playing their AA and AAA all-stars out there. Cubs will win the division because most of the cub veterans are better than the AA regulars

Oh yeah? Look what Pittsburgh did with them over the weekend! They took 2 of 4 and did some damage. The Pirates and Reds will be dangerous. The Cubs--somewhat like the Sox,have trouble against no name pitchers they have'nt seen. As for the 'Twinkie' type schedule against Detroit, the Sox had their chances against the Tigers all season and have lost to the Tigers more than any one else has,so it's the Sox own fault they are in the situation they are. They should have had that Division all wrapped up by now if they had beaten the teams they should have. Remember,the Sox splt 6 games with Tampa Bay, and got swept in 2 series by the Twins, and one each by KC,Cleve,and Detroit. Not good!

Hangar18
09-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah? Look what Pittsburgh did with them over the weekend! They took 2 of 4 and did some damage. The Pirates and Reds will be dangerous. The Cubs--somewhat like the Sox,have trouble against no name pitchers they have'nt seen. As for the 'Twinkie' type schedule against Detroit, the Sox had their chances against the Tigers all season and have lost to the Tigers more than any one else has,so it's the Sox own fault they are in the situation they are. They should have had that Division all wrapped up by now if they had beaten the teams they should have. Remember,the Sox splt 6 games with Tampa Bay, and got swept in 2 series by the Twins, and one each by KC,Cleve,and Detroit. Not good!

Les, believe me, Im definitely one to Mock Cubbie Fan Optimism. Ive done so with great pleasure for years, but this I hate to say, is the one time to be optimistic about playoffs for your team. How far they get is another thing, but in the little blue world that is Cubbie Camelot, this will go down as a successful season. Oh well, Im disappointed, but We/Me/The Sox knew their fate was in their own hands, and bad umpiring shouldnt have frustrated them, but made them even more FOCUSED. They didnt do it. Too bad we didnt have Everetts surprise Leadership from the GetGo, I'll bet he wouldve gotten on some of these guys, and LED BY EXAMPLE. What a pleasant, and professional surprise we got by getting him. Heres to us not Frittering away this "gift" and just let him go. People say the SOX arent focused most of the time, theyre a rudderless ship that sometimes can find its way in the right direction. We need a clubhouse leader....

Grobber33
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Les, believe me, Im definitely one to Mock Cubbie Fan Optimism. Ive done so with great pleasure for years, but this I hate to say, is the one time to be optimistic about playoffs for your team. How far they get is another thing, but in the little blue world that is Cubbie Camelot, this will go down as a successful season. Oh well, Im disappointed, but We/Me/The Sox knew their fate was in their own hands, and bad umpiring shouldnt have frustrated them, but made them even more FOCUSED. They didnt do it. Too bad we didnt have Everetts surprise Leadership from the GetGo, I'll bet he wouldve gotten on some of these guys, and LED BY EXAMPLE. What a pleasant, and professional surprise we got by getting him. Heres to us not Frittering away this "gift" and just let him go. People say the SOX arent focused most of the time, theyre a rudderless ship that sometimes can find its way in the right direction. We need a clubhouse leader....

Hangar,you are totaly CORRECT about Everett's professionalism.He came here with a ton of baggage,and I must say,some of it was unfair.He has been a Pro since he got here.Dont know if they can or will keep him or not.If they do,they may be able to get something decent in the off season for Rowand who is a good player,but cant give the Sox the offense or experience that Carl can. The times I have dealt with Everett,dating back to his Houston stint,he has been a top-notch guy.

DrCrawdad
09-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Face it, they both suck!! We dont have any chance for Playoffs in this town out of our 5 (so-called) Major League teams with the possible exception of the Bulls, and that's a longshot.

...As for my favorite team, most days, they can't get any runs even if they ate a whole box of EXLAX! Losing to a slug like Ryan Vogelsong! They are a complete joke. Yes they are still alive, but they will not make it unless the Astros choke. Pittsburgh use's the Cubs as their B-----s, always have.

LES

I think Houston losing 3 of the last 4 qualifies as a choke.

I had hoped that BOTH Chicago teams would make the World Series. But now that the Sox are finished I do NOT want the Cubbies to go to the post-season.

I went to the Sox game on Monday with a John B., a Cubbie fan friend of mine. John B. said that Yankees fans are cocky and arrogant. I told John B. that Yankee fans have at least reason to boast. John B. agreed with me that IF Cubbie fans were to make it or perhaps win a World Series that they'd be worse than Yankee fans because many Cubbie fans are already arrogant, cocky snobs and they haven't finished in first place since George H. Bush was President.

I won't be listening to sports radio until after the Cubbies get eliminated.