PDA

View Full Version : Twins Magic Number is 5

South Sider
09-20-2003, 02:07 PM
The hapless Tigers loose yet another one :whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry:

I can't believe we've lost so much games against them.

It's pretty much over.....or not ??????

RKMeibalane
09-20-2003, 03:15 PM
It's not over, but it might as well be. I don't think the Sox have what it takes to succeed in the post-season. At least not with "The Tinkerer" managing anyway.

Mammoo
09-20-2003, 03:51 PM
I envy Twins fans right now...they must be pretty excited about their team; and with good reason. They stepped up and just took it away from us. It hurts but we've been down this road before. :(:

I know one thing, Kenny Williams must be a pretty unhappy camper right about now. I know he's had some family problems and I'm sure he's worn down trying to make something out of this team, but I hope he comes back and whips this franchise into shape. He showed me he's the guy that can do it!!!

To KW... :gulp:

ChiSox14305635
09-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I hate the Twins and all of their smug players, toilet bowl stadium, & obnoxious fans. If they go to the playoffs, I hope the Yanks throttle them!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-21-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Mammoo

To KW... :gulp:

I second that toast! :gulp:

KW did what he could to build a contender, but what can you do when you leave a National League-type manager to an American League team! :angry:

:jerry
"It was great knowing you all!"

TommyJohn
09-21-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
I hate the Twins and all of their smug players, toilet bowl stadium, & obnoxious fans. If they go to the playoffs, I hope the Yanks throttle them!

The Twins are a bunch of red asses, griping about admiring
home runs and other petty B.S.

GO YANKEES

TornLabrum
09-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I second that toast! :gulp:

KW did what he could to build a contender, but what can you do when you leave a National League-type manager to an American League team! :angry:

:jerry
"It was great knowing you all!"

That's the problem. Manuel wasn't an NL manager. An NL manager would know how to use the hit and run, when to bunt, etc. Manuel was clueless about how small ball is played.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That's the problem. Manuel wasn't an NL manager. An NL manager would know how to use the hit and run, when to bunt, etc. Manuel was clueless about how small ball is played.

Did I say National League? oh, I'm sorry. I meant to say Fantasy League! :D:

fhqwhgads
09-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Magic number stands at 4.

Edit: Make that 3.

Edit again: OK, fine. It's 2.