PDA

View Full Version : Take Note Cubbie Fans...

DrCrawdad
09-20-2003, 01:41 PM
The Astros clobbered St. Louis. Cards starter Matt Morris had said he'd rather see the Astros win the Division rather than the Cubs, and we're not saying he tanked the game Friday night - there is no question he's well above that, but the way he tossing batting practice to the Astros, he couldn't had looked worse hand he BEEN taking a dive. - Les Grobstein on Grobber.com

Les just did his best Mike North, "I'm not saying, I'm just saying." Les may not be saying it but many Cubbie fans are saying that Morris tanked it last night. :whiner:

To Les and any Cubbie fans lurking here, your pitchers Zambrano and Juan "Pedro Martinez" Cruz got their arses handed to them by the lowly Pirates. You're lucky that you didn't lose both in double header.

I would have loved to see a Crosstown World Series but now that the Sox are all but eliminated I don't want to see the Cubbies go to the playoffs.

No doubt the media coverage of the Cubbies if they don't make the playoffs will be that it was a magical Dustiny season.

bc2k
09-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I knew of the Morris and LaRussa's comments coming into last night's game, so I was curious to see how Morris would pitch in the game. I noticed the two early home runs were parked on "Howry" fastballs (no movement) at slightly below the knees.

Watching the Cubs post after last night's loss, Gail Fisher was miffed that the Cardinals haven't won a single game vs. the Astros in the last two series. I think Morris threw the game last night. If he didn't do it intentionally, it is safe to say his heart wasn't in the game.

Did Gail ever win a medal in the Olympics because she was wearing that whopper of a necklace again last night.

cheeses_h_rice
09-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Les just did his best Mike North, "I'm not saying, I'm just saying." Les may not be saying it but many Cubbie fans are saying that Morris tanked it last night. :whiner:

To Les and any Cubbie fans lurking here, your pitchers Zambrano and Juan "Pedro Martinez" Cruz got their arses handed to them by the lowly Pirates. You're lucky that you didn't lose both in double header.

I would have loved to see a Crosstown World Series but now that the Sox are all but eliminated I don't want to see the Cubbies go to the playoffs.

No doubt the media coverage of the Cubbies if they don't make the playoffs will be that it was a magical Dustiny season.

Amazing. This from a fan of a team who's been playing THE most dead-in-the-water teams the past week, while the Stros have had to face St. Louis twice in the same period.