PDA

View Full Version : Manuel

MRKARNO
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm done with wouldas couldas and shouldas. We all know that manuel is the main reason behind at bare minimum 5 losses and that's the difference right now between first and second. So let's just move on with life with a new manager not named Buddy Bell or Wally Backman (due to veterans getting mad)

MHOUSE
09-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Manuel has directly cost us at LEAST 5 games this season. Managers make mistakes, but add in the tinkering effects and all the indirect things and he has cost us so much more. 5 years of mediocrity and ONE good season doesn't cut it. Manuel must go this offseason. The org. will have a tough time explaining keeping him for another year.

If Manuel stays, I walk. Anyone else for this? I'll give up on this club for good if Manuel is the manager starting spring training '04.

MikeKreevich
09-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Manuel makes me puke!

:chunks

jeremyb1
09-20-2003, 12:45 PM
There's nothing to complain about anymore really. We're about to find out how the team does without Manuel.

RKMeibalane
09-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
There's nothing to complain about anymore really. We're about to find out how the team does without Manuel.

Assuming that the team stays more or less in tact this off-season, it's a good bet that they win more games under a new manager.

I can of several reasons why:

1. No more tinkering.

2. Frank will be at first base more often.

3. The bullpen will be more organized so the pitchers will know their roles.

4. No more juggling the starting rotation to beat bad teams.

gosox41
09-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Assuming that the team stays more or less in tact this off-season, it's a good bet that they win more games under a new manager.

I can of several reasons why:

1. No more tinkering.

2. Frank will be at first base more often.

3. The bullpen will be more organized so the pitchers will know their roles.

4. No more juggling the starting rotation to beat bad teams.

I have a bad feeling that Frank will be at first base a lot more often, it'll just be for another team.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this whole situation.

Bob