PDA

View Full Version : Two Items

faneidde
09-19-2003, 05:32 PM
1) The moment that killed the Sox this season was not beating the Twins 8-6. It was Billy Koch giving up that 3-run homer in Tampa that lost the Sox the game 4-3. The Sox went on to lose a bunch of games to the D-Rays and Tigers right before the break.

2) Will anyone spend their remaining baseball energy pulling for the Astros? If the Cubs make the play-offs I have to wear a Cubs hat and jersey around campus for a week straight (stupid bets) and admit that Sammy Sosa is the best right-fielder in Chicago and used a corked bat on accident. I just don't know if I can handle it. Go Astros.

Jerko
09-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by faneidde
1) The moment that killed the Sox this season was not beating the Twins 8-6. It was Billy Koch giving up that 3-run homer in Tampa that lost the Sox the game 4-3. The Sox went on to lose a bunch of games to the D-Rays and Tigers right before the break.

2) Will anyone spend their remaining baseball energy pulling for the Astros? If the Cubs make the play-offs I have to wear a Cubs hat and jersey around campus for a week straight (stupid bets) and admit that Sammy Sosa is the best right-fielder in Chicago and used a corked bat on accident. I just don't know if I can handle it. Go Astros.

I already have my 2 Houston hats (current to screw with Cub fans, and Retro, to screw with old Cub fans) and I WILL cheer for them as if they were my own.

FarmerAndy
09-19-2003, 05:42 PM
I like the Astros anyway. Jeff Bagwell has always been one of my favorite players. So, heck yeah I'm rooting for the Astros!

bobj4400
09-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Josh Fogg is doing his best to make sure that Sox fans have the worst winter possible. He is getting absolutely killed by the Scrubs ****ty hitters right now. And to top it all off, Zambrano gave up a grand slam and looks hittable for the first time in weeks. Astros are going to have win 8 of their last ten to hold this lead. The doormats the Scrubs play just dont care anymore and it sucks.