PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moment of 03 Season

ChiSox21
09-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Im tired of all the negativity. Lets try to focus on the positve. What was the best moment of a disastrous 03 season.

RKMeibalane
09-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Here are my favorite moments from this season:

10. The performance of Damaso Marte and Tom Gordon out of the Sox bullpen.

9. Magglio Ordonez having another superb all-around season.

8. Miguel Olivo hitting a grand slam at the Urinal, helping the Sox crush the Cubs 12-2.

7. The suprising performance of Cy Young candidate Esteban Loaiza. The Sox wouldn't be where they are if it weren't for him.

6. Kenny Williams making the deals that brought Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett to the South Side.

5. Carlos Lee telling Jerry Manuel how to do his job.

4. Frank Thomas recording his 2,000th career hit.

3. Frank Thomas hitting his 400th career home run.

2. Frank Thomas hitting a walk-off homer to beat the Angels.

1. Frank Thomas hitting a walk-off homer to beat the Twins.

shane
09-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Some may question the importance of it, but I thought Frank's grand slam against the yankees was a noble moment in time.

cheeses_h_rice
09-19-2003, 04:14 PM
I would say this game was probably the best one I saw in person:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230818104

MRKARNO
09-19-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I would say this game was probably the best one I saw in person:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230818104

I have to agree, but If I had been at the jose vs cubs game I would have probably said that one

hold2dibber
09-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Here are my favorite moments from this season:

10. The performance of Damaso Marte and Tom Gordon out of the Sox bullpen.

9. Magglio Ordonez having another superb all-around season.

8. Miguel Olivo hitting a grand slam at the Urinal, helping the Sox crush the Cubs 12-2.

7. The suprising performance of Cy Young candidate Esteban Loaiza. The Sox wouldn't be where they are if it weren't for him.

6. Kenny Williams making the deals that brought Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett to the South Side.

5. Carlos Lee telling Jerry Manuel how to do his job.

4. Frank Thomas recording his 2,000th career hit.

3. Frank Thomas hitting his 400th career home run.

2. Frank Thomas hitting a walk-off homer to beat the Angels.

1. Frank Thomas hitting a walk-off homer to beat the Twins.

Perfect.

WinningUgly!
09-19-2003, 09:51 PM
MO's granny against the sCrUBS. I was in Florida at the time, at my father-in-law's house, who is a huge sCrUBS fan. He was doing a bunch of smack-talking all day long, about how we were going to get to watch his Cubbies beat up on my Sox. I think the Sox were already up 4-0, when Miguel came to bat & he had already left the living room to go take an afternoon nap in the den. It wasn't much of nap for him...maybe it was all of the Whoo-hoos & YES!!! shouts coming from the living room.

The best day of my vacation. :)

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-19-2003, 10:42 PM
jose's walk off hr against the scrubs was probably my favorite, i was at the game and that was the first sox vs cubs game i have been able to get tickets to in the past few years. i also thought rowand's hr was pretty big in the 2nd game after than ran delay and all the bragging by cub fans during that delay, but then rowand shut him up. the one of most importance at the time was probably big hurt's 12th inning HR to beat the twins, it was an amazing game

ChiSox21
09-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Its says in the manifesto, even when our own season craps out we still manage to beat the luvable losers.

doublem23
09-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Frank's blast to sweep away Minnesota was great. I wasn't watching the game, I was driving back from my girlfriend's place, and I was on the Harlem Ave. bridge over the Stevenson and when I heard Rooney make the call the horn was a blastin'.

Good times.