PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Wake tonite 9/19 ?

Hangar18
09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Unfortuneately, the SOX/Jerry Manuel chose to lie down and my presence
is mandatory this evening. I'll be the SOX fan with the Pissed-Off-about-2003 Look on his face in the BullPen Bar

FanOf14
09-19-2003, 11:42 AM
The only reason I am going is because the tickets are free, I already arranged to leave work early for this and because I don't want to let my aunt or brother down (she got the tickets and he's been looking forward to it since last week).

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Unfortuneately, the SOX/Jerry Manuel chose to lie down and my presence
is mandatory this evening. I'll be the SOX fan with the Pissed-Off-about-2003 Look on his face in the BullPen Bar

I'll be there for the "party", but probably won't bother to stay for the game...

mandmandm
09-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Bring out your dead. I will be there tonight, and tomorrow, and Sunday. A week ago it sounded like a hell of a weekend.

Jerko
09-19-2003, 12:07 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, still debating Sunday, any NFL game may be more enjoyable, and Wednesday afternoon. I always to that last day game, and it is always a very depressing day. At least this year the Yanks are in town so the beer stand in left field might actually be open, unlike the last 2 seasons.

fledgedrallycap
09-19-2003, 12:08 PM
I shall be going on Sunday to pay my final respects.

cheeses_h_rice
09-19-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm going:

Tonight.
Sunday.
Monday.

Should be fun.

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I'll be there tomorrow, still debating Sunday, any NFL game may be more enjoyable, and Wednesday afternoon. I always to that last day game, and it is always a very depressing day. At least this year the Yanks are in town so the beer stand in left field might actually be open, unlike the last 2 seasons.

I bought that game as part of my Sox 7 plan. I didn't realize that it was the last game of the year, nor did I realize it was a day game. I just bought a Yankees game and tried to stay away from Monday and Tuesday because I figured I would probably buy tickets to those half-price nights. Not anymore...

JJAustin69
09-19-2003, 01:03 PM
I'll be paying my respects on Monday. 2003 we hardly knew ye.

Hangar18
09-19-2003, 02:39 PM
to anyone coming tonite, i'll be in the BP bar .....
drinking.... and dreaming

alohafri
09-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Good heading, Henry!

And Happy Birthday---hope to see you at the Monday memorial service so's I can buy you a drink...

That #!$@! scrub fan boss of mine asked me if I was going to the [game] tonight. I said no, it was a sellout, to which he replied, "Bet there will be lots of no-shows tonite" :angry:

Meanwhile, he makes his phone calls and goes on and on about the scrubs. If he wasn't my boss, I would have said to him, "Guess what, moron--the cubs haven't won anything yet"

God willing, (and I'm beginning to think there isn't a god)the scrubs will not make the playoffs. Then I will happily traipse into the office and offer mr. scrub fan my sincerest condolences .

alohafri
09-19-2003, 02:47 PM
PLEASE NOTE: PREVIOUS POST WAS FROM MRS. ALOHA

mandmandm
09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
This Sox team has exhausted me so much that I do not have the energy to root against the Cubs. I just ignore them at this point and hope they miss the playoffs.

mandmandm
09-19-2003, 03:10 PM
I have two 10th row section 528 seats for free. Beats a sharp stick in the eye but not by much. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can leave them at will call.

alohafri
09-19-2003, 03:20 PM
"Anyone going to the wake tonight 9/19?"

When you think about it, this really is like the death of someone you love. I have all these emotions running through me---at times I get angry because they died, then I start thinking of the good times and how happy they made me (when I think of the wins against the scrubs, it makes me smile), then I get sad because they died too soon, and it was a slow, painful death. It would have been easier to take if they hadn't gone into remission from their "illness" in July only to relapse come September.

---Mrs. Aloha :(: