PDA

View Full Version : We go 9-1, and they go 5-4 ... it's going to happen, BELIEVE!

Gumshoe
09-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh, what did you think I was going to do, lay down and die? As said before, that was a dagger, but big teams have to come up in big situations (i know that didn't happen either last week or this week, except arguably in Boston), and we have one big situation left:

10 games, do or die

I'm getting ready for the Twins to roll over and die, thinking they have this. Actually, I'm hoping. Crazier stuff has happened.

I just can't believe we won't do it ... errr well, yes i can since JR, JM and KW are idiots. That hurts, I guess.

Well, what has hurt us most has been:

1) Trading Foulke
2) dregs of the Central
3) road record
4) JM

9-1, boys, come on, let's make it interesting!!!!!!!!!

Gumshoe

:gulp: :o: :?: :whiner: :angry: :cool: :D: :(:

FoulkeFan
09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Apparently some Cubbie Kool-Aid has made it's way south.

chisox06
09-19-2003, 11:24 AM
gumshoe, although your effort is appreciated Im afraid its all but over.

Jerko
09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Why does everyone think the pressure is going to get to Minnesota and they will roll up and die? Didn't they win this division last year too? They will NOT choke, especially against the likes of the Tigers! Minny WAS rolled up, and they were about to die, but JM and Paniagua ressurected them just in time to save their season and shoot ours in the ass. Since that day, the
Twins are 8-1 and the White Sox are 2-6. I appreciate the optimism, but alas, I think it's over.

Rocky Soprano
09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Last nights loss really really really hurt me! Theres no other way to say it.

But Im not giving up just yet.

Come on Sox, its time to shock the world!

Foulke You
09-19-2003, 11:27 AM
If we would have won yesterday, I would have had some hope. The sweep was the sword through the heart of White Sox Nation. Time to start thinking about 2004.

harwar
09-19-2003, 11:27 AM
I was a bit angry at your post yesterday by your post today made me smile for the first time in days.Its nice to know that someplace in the world,someone is still feeling positive about something.

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Last nights loss really really really hurt me! Theres no other way to say it.

But Im not giving up just yet.

Come on Sox, its time to shock the world!

I think that should read, "Come on Tigers, it's time to shock the world."

It isn't about the Sox anymore, and even if they could go 9-1 (which I doubt playing the hungry Royals and angry Yankees), I doubt the Twinkies will lose more than 3 games the rest of the way and may win until the division is clinched.

delben91
09-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I was a bit angry at your post yesterday by your post today made me smile for the first time in days.Its nice to know that someplace in the world,someone is still feeling positive about something.

Yeah, we need Gumshoe to stick around on this board. He can be the counter-weight to all us cynics! :D:

SpringfldFan
09-19-2003, 11:32 AM
I don't know which is harder to believe, the "we go..." or the "they go..."

cheeses_h_rice
09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
I've got a weird, wacky, radical idea:

How 'bout the Sox just tank all the games against the Royals on purpose, and help give them the division title? Wouldn't THAT cheese off Twinkie fans?

:)

harwar
09-19-2003, 11:48 AM
I was out in my boat late last night screaming that very thing to my neighbor across the lake who is a twins fan.At least that is what i was told.This is NOT the way i expected to be spending the waning days of the season.

Chisox353014
09-19-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Yeah, we need Gumshoe to stick around on this board. He can be the counter-weight to all us cynics! :D:

Or the raving lunatic talking to himself on the street corner. :cool:

Brian26
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Why does everyone think the pressure is going to get to Minnesota and they will roll up and die? Didn't they win this division last year too? They will NOT choke, especially against the likes of the Tigers! Minny WAS rolled up, and they were about to die, but JM and Paniagua ressurected them just in time to save their season and shoot ours in the ass. Since that day, the
Twins are 8-1 and the White Sox are 2-6. I appreciate the optimism, but alas, I think it's over.

I don't mean to sound crass in any way. But, I think they some extra inspiration may have come from the Al Newman situation also.

FarmerAndy
09-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I've got a weird, wacky, radical idea:

How 'bout the Sox just tank all the games against the Royals on purpose, and help give them the division title? Wouldn't THAT cheese off Twinkie fans?

It wouldn't work. They are a game further back than we are. Even if the Royals won all of their games against us, they still wouldn't catch the Twins.

fhqwhgads
09-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
Oh, what did you think I was going to do, lay down and die? As said before, that was a dagger, but big teams have to come up in big situations (i know that didn't happen either last week or this week, except arguably in Boston), and we have one big situation left:

10 games, do or die

I'm getting ready for the Twins to roll over and die, thinking they have this. Actually, I'm hoping. Crazier stuff has happened.

I just can't believe we won't do it ... errr well, yes i can since JR, JM and KW are idiots. That hurts, I guess.

1) Trading Foulke
2) dregs of the Central
3) road record
4) JM

Gumshoe

That crack don't smoke itself. :cool:

fhqwhgads
09-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I don't mean to sound crass in any way. But, I think they some extra inspiration may have come from the Al Newman situation also.

Without a doubt. These guys love big Al.

GO TWINS!

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Without a doubt. These guys love big Al.

GO TWINS!

Coaches whom the players like and respect?

:jerry
"*** is that all about?"

Nick@Nite
09-19-2003, 01:50 PM

10 games, do or die

1) Trading Foulke
2) dregs of the Central
3) road record
4) JM

Gumshoe

Originally posted by chisox06

Gumshoe... your attitude is commendable :cool: , however I have to agree with chisox06. While I refuse concede anything to the hated Twins (or to the blue-pajama-clad Royals), it's pretty much a long shot at this point. :(:

The likelihood of the Sox doing the unthinkable, that is to go 10-0... while the Twins collapse like the 1964 Phillies... is as likely as Elvis, Bigfoot, and Jimmy Hoffa to simultaneously appear on the Jay Leno Show.

But what the heck... you never know!

I'll say this, if the Sox do win the division, I'll run down the street butt-naked and buy a six-pack at the quickie-mart, while wearing my Sox hat of course! :D:

Procol Harum
09-19-2003, 02:16 PM

10 games, do or die

Gumshoe

-"A mere flesh wound! . . . C'mon you coward, I'll bite your knee caps off!"--The Black Knight in Monty Python's "The Holy Grail"

mike squires
09-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Gumshoe~I used to be all optimistic about EVERYTHING, especially Whitesox baseball. In fact I've used a motto since I was in Jr. High and that is "everything works out" but it just ain't gonna happen.

Last night I posted something in the game day thread that there would be a post like this and I said they need to be shot. Sorry Gum shoe, but....

hose
09-19-2003, 04:57 PM

10 games, do or die

1) Trading Foulke
2) dregs of the Central
3) road record
4) JM

9-1, boys, come on, let's make it interesting!!!!!!!!

Gumshoe

First thing I thought of when I read this was the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. :D:

Hang in there Gumshoe!!!!!!!! :)

Gumshoe
09-19-2003, 05:30 PM
SOME are called "Die HARD"

but I'm not THAT mad. The future looks brighter if we just get the clowns out of town, KW, JM, and JR

Gumshoe

LASOXFAN
09-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by chisox06

Yeah, didn't you hear? Doug Mankeivwialxz said so.

LASOXFAN
09-20-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm going to keep saying this until they block me from posting:

The Twins, winners now of 7 in a row, will NOT win 15 in a row. If you think they will go 4-4 in their next 8 games, I think you're stretching. However, 5-3 is a definite possibility. In their last four games they've scored 5, 4, 5, and 6 runs total. Not a lot in my book. Don't see a lot of AL teams winning everynight with that run total. Can Santana and Radke pull off 4 great starts in a row? Five?? I have my doubts.

I see them losing three more maybe, two more definitely.

But what would come of us going 10-0 and them 6-3?

ANOTHER DOMING AT THE HANDS OF THOSE ****ERS!

But hey, I'd take it! :cool:

Gumshoe
09-20-2003, 10:24 AM
winning 10 in a row in the most hard core part of the schedule along with their (although 3 losses wouldn't be a) demise, would provide the greatest moments ever --- a one game playoff.

I can't think I'll be that happy, but I can dream. I'd love them to get that shot, because they would win.

Really, LA, I just want the Sox to keep in it so I can say, "They've still got a chance!"

It starts today, Nate Robertson. Come on, take the last 2, Tigers

Pretty Please, with sugar on top

Gumshoe

ma-gaga
09-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN

In their last four games they've scored 5, 4, 5, and 6 runs total. Not a lot in my book. Don't see a lot of AL teams winning everynight with that run total.

Stats with no context don't blow me away either. 4-0 is another stat. Those Tigers ARE terrible, but on the positive side, they hit three Twins in this game. Looked like Guzman wanted to charge the mound.

Them and the Jndians might attempt antagonize the Twins...

voodoochile
09-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Stats with no context don't blow me away either. 4-0 is another stat. Those Tigers ARE terrible, but on the positive side, they hit three Twins in this game. Looked like Guzman wanted to charge the mound.

Them and the Jndians might attempt antagonize the Twins...

No joke, but the Sox should have drilled somebody in that series. Not to injure, but to change the mindset. The Sox lack of fight in that series was disgusting and I am very surprised Garland didn't do it. He has tagged a couple of guys this year in frustration. Late in that final game when AJ stuck out his elbow and took first base, the next guy HAS to go down, IMO. That's just part of baseball.

"Oh, you WANT to get hit by the baseball. Well, here you go..."

If the Twins got mad, then maybe they stop thinking about baseball only and if the Sox get pumped, maybe they play with some fire.

One more reason to dump JM at the end of the season...

ma-gaga
09-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No joke, but the Sox should have drilled somebody in that series.

I actually agree. To make matters worse, the Twins gave the Sox a perfect opportunity and they wasted it. In the last game, Jacque Jones second blast he sat there and 'admired' his shot. Very similar to what the Twins were accusing the Sox of doing 2 weeks ago.

Jacque Jones should have gotten drilled.

:D:

RKMeibalane
09-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I actually agree. To make matters worse, the Twins gave the Sox a perfect opportunity and they wasted it. In the last game, Jacque Jones second blast he sat there and 'admired' his shot. Very similar to what the Twins were accusing the Sox of doing 2 weeks ago.

Jacque Jones should have gotten drilled.

:D:

I agree. If the Sox want to go anywhere next season, then they need to start showing some testicular fortitude. I'm not advocating fighting, but when another team is deliberately mocking them and behaving disrespectfully, then something needs to be done about it.

Jerry Manuel has completely ruined this team. The White Sox are in dire need of a face-lift. Of course, face-lifts cost money, and we all know that JR won't be spending any.

:reinsy

"Muhahahahahahaha!"