PDA

View Full Version : Surrogate Manager Carlos Lee

Viva Magglio
09-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned in the catacombs of any previous threads, but did anyone catch Carlos Lee motioning to Jerry Manuel to put Willie Harris in as a pinch runner last night?

Jerko
09-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I has been mentioned, but as you said it's in the catacombs here. Unreal, huh? I used to run my softball team and I never even let one of my TEAMMATES tell me what to do, let alone a major league ball manager being told by HIS player.

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I has been mentioned, but as you said it's in the catacombs here. Unreal, huh? I used to run my softball team and I never even let one of my TEAMMATES tell me what to do, let alone a major league ball manager being told by HIS player.

You never had to I would bet. Harris still had his glove on and was sitting on the bench while Carlos is making his signs and the whole world is waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally Harris comes out.

I think Manuel was worried about who would play third if they tied it up... :(:

KingXerxes
09-19-2003, 03:24 PM
I had to listen to the game on the radio last night,

:farmer

"And for that we thank you King Xerxes."

So I didn't see Carlos Lee telling Manuel to send in a pinch runner, but it has been on the radio all morning. If it's true - and I'm assuming it is - Manuel should be shown the door before tonight's game.