PDA

View Full Version : On Thursday - Jerry Manuel had his first closed door all team meeting


jabrch
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
according to the Trib.

Are you telling me it took until 152 games into the season for this? For that alone, regardless of all his other blunders and crimes against Soxdom...he should be unceremoniously discarded immediately.

Jerko
09-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Someone should have closed the door on him 3 years ago, or at least lock him in the room after the meeting ended.

mandmandm
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
I believe in the Trib it said he could not remember if he had a meeting with the team earlier in the year. Amazing.

shane
09-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Why wasn't it a closed door meeting between KW and JM? Jerry should not be at the game tonight. Let's end this thing in style. Get him out today.

jabrch
09-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by shane
Why wasn't it a closed door meeting between KW and JM? Jerry should not be at the game tonight. Let's end this thing in style. Get him out today.

Get him out and let one of the bench coaches run the show. Send a sign to your fans that you know what we want and you are willing to do it. Send a sign to your players that mediocrity sucks and shouldn't be tolerated. Send Jerry Manuel packing.

thepaulbowski
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
according to the Trib.

Are you telling me it took until 152 games into the season for this? For that alone, regardless of all his other blunders and crimes against Soxdom...he should be unceremoniously discarded immediately.

Maybe the players closed his office door and had a meeting, this guys idiocracy has no end.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2003, 01:56 PM
If Manuel was "truly hurt," as the Tribune suggested by the boos he received from Sox Fans at the all-star game, he should seriously consider stepping down this afternoon, and leaving the ballclub to either Nossek or Kimm. All that brave talk about making a last ditch effort can be tossed out the window. However unlikely the team might achieve the division crown, there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell Manuel will keep his job.

Resign now and cut your losses. Presumably the Sox would give him everything left on his contract just to save the embarrassment of all the boos that would otherwise rain down on the Sox manager this weekend.

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
If Manuel was "truly hurt," as the Tribune suggested by the boos he received from Sox Fans at the all-start game, he should seriously consider stepping down this afternoon, and leaving the ballclub to either Nossek or Kimm. All that brave talk about making a last ditch effort can be tossed out the window. However unlikely the team might achieve the division crown, there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell Manuel will keep his job.

Resign now and cut your losses. Presumably the Sox would give him everything left on his contract just to save the embarrassment of all the boos that would otherwise rain down on the Sox manager this weekend.

No way he resigns at this point in time. He'd be leaving $1M on the table.

Hullett_Fan
09-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Our crew is going tonight and will have a sign ready:

JERRY MANUEL: "HE GONE!"

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Our crew is going tonight and will have a sign ready:

JERRY MANUEL: "HE GONE!"

You will want to sneak that one in. I'm not sure they will let you keep it if they find it...

RKMeibalane
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
If Manuel was "truly hurt," as the Tribune suggested by the boos he received from Sox Fans at the all-start game, he should seriously consider stepping down this afternoon, and leaving the ballclub to either Nossek or Kimm. All that brave talk about making a last ditch effort can be tossed out the window. However unlikely the team might achieve the division crown, there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell Manuel will keep his job.

Resign now and cut your losses. Presumably the Sox would give him everything left on his contract just to save the embarrassment of all the boos that would otherwise rain down on the Sox manager this weekend.

Agreed. Sometimes, it's better to just cut bait and walk away. If Manuel has any common sense, he'll do just that. There's no reason for him to cotinue managing this ballclub. Right now, their chances of reaching the post-season are slim, and even if they do manage to right the ship during this last week of the season, Jerry Manuel is not the man to lead them to the World Series. He just doesn't have the understanding of baseball necessary to do that.

What was really disturbing about his latest comments is that he has no memory of the Sox having another team meeting at any point this season. Considering that he is the manager, I would think that he of all people would know what has or has not transpired inside the clubhouse. This yet another sign that Manuel has completely lost control of this team. He did the same thing last year when he allowed the Thomas-Konerko incident to be blown out of proportion by the media. In 2001, he waited until all hell had broken loose before he decided that playing Julio Ramiez and Royce Clayton every day was a bad idea.

Manuel has made other mistakes, but there are too many to list here. That aside, whether the Sox win or lose, Jerry Manuel will not be back next season, and that is reason enough for any Sox fan to smile.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No way he resigns at this point in time. He'd be leaving $1M on the table.

He's going to earn that $1M the hard way the next seven home dates. :smile:

It reminds me of that Miller Lite commercial with the friends watching a prize fight on TV and the one guy wishes he could get in the ring "because how hard could it be" and then he gets his head torn completely off with the first punch. LOL! I love that commercial! :D:

:jerry
"Hey, check this out... the ring girl likes me!"

voodoochile
09-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He's going to earn that $1M the hard way the next seven home dates. :smile:

It reminds me of that Miller Lite commercial with the friends watching a prize fight on TV and the one guy wishes he could get in the ring "because how hard could it be" and then he gets his head torn completely off with the first punch. LOL! I love that commercial! :D:

:jerry
"Hey, check this out... the ring girl likes me!"

I think I'd rather face Holyfield... :D:

Expect Cooper to be making a lot of pitching changes this final week.