PDA

View Full Version : New Uniforms

LASOXFAN
09-19-2003, 01:21 AM
Before the post-Manuel era begins I suggest a change in uniforms. It's been a trademark of the Sox to change uni's, something I've always enjoyed.

I suggest going to the Red and White pinstripes.

bc2k
09-19-2003, 01:38 AM
Whatever the new uniform's are, one version better be pinstriped and one should have numbers on the back without the players' names on it.

Banix12
09-19-2003, 04:37 AM
How about sometime around opening day next year they make them wear the most hideous bright pink umiforms imaginable, maybe unretire the shorts as well and tell them that if they don't win the division this will be the new uniform for 2005. Just good motivation.

RedPinStripes
09-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Before the post-Manuel era begins I suggest a change in uniforms. It's been a trademark of the Sox to change uni's, something I've always enjoyed.

I suggest going to the Red and White pinstripes.

I like the way you think. :cool: :gulp:

GoSox2K3
09-19-2003, 07:51 AM
NO WAY! I like the current uniforms and they should keep them essentially unchanged.

The reason we had so many uniform changes in the past was because our uniforms were always so ugly. We bounced around for years w/ different uniforms and color schemes that were often laughing stocks of the league before finally settling back on the great design from the 50s and 60s. The premier franchises stick with the same uniforms (Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals). It seems to me that the bottom-feeder teams like the Brewers and Padres are generally the ones that are constantly changing unis.

I never thought the red pinstripes seemed appropriate for us. After all, there already is a team in the league called the RED Sox.

A.T. Money
09-19-2003, 08:26 AM
The red pinstripes blow. Sorry, they do.

Red shouldn't be anywhere near us. Our colors have always been black and white.

FanOf14
09-19-2003, 08:38 AM
The uniforms are fine the way they are - they just need an accessory to accentuate them. :D: But, I refuse to hold my breath on seeing that happen.

Procol Harum
09-19-2003, 08:54 AM
No way we change the current uniforms--they're classically oriented and give us a little bit of tradition. I've often thought that the constant uniform changing has contributed to the White Sox' seeming invisibility on the national baseball scene. Watch any set of highlights from back in the day and IF you see the Sox at all (and there's a certain deficiency of division titles, pennants, and World Series appearances to explain why they are often overlooked) you're likely to see them wearing four or five different stinkin' uniforms. Not much help for image building.

Although I confess, a certain part of me wants to see them be made to wear lavender tutus onto the field tonight as a punishment for their hideous performance up in Minnesota.

Jerko
09-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Keep the current unis, just retire #7 so we don't have to be reminded of the dark cloud we've been under for the last 6 years.

THE_HOOTER
09-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
The red pinstripes blow. Sorry, they do.

Red shouldn't be anywhere near us. Our colors have always been black and white.

You are incorrect.

There has always been red incorporated into the White Sox home uniforms in some fashion.

until these current uniforms, that is.

Viva Magglio
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
I think we could use a uniform change. We've had these uniforms for a dozen seasons now. I know that there has been some, dare I say, tinkering with the uniforms over the years (i.e., sleeveless jersey), but we need a new look.

And to those who have said our colors have always been silver and black, where have you been? The White Sox still hold the MLB record for uniform changes through the years IIRC. Red has been a prominent color in our uniforms through the years, but I do not want to go back to the look we had in the early '70s despite how much I liked that look.

Instead, I want to try something completely new. Well, I'd keep the English Sox logo. But I would get rid of the pinstripes on the home uniforms. I would replace black as the primary color with garnet red. Black would replace silver as the primary trim color. The caps would also change from black to garnet red. In terms of a general new color scheme, think South Carolina Gamecocks.

I would also consider a change to the font on the uniform names and numbers.

SpringfldFan
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
You are incorrect.

There has always been red incorporated into the White Sox home uniforms in some fashion.

until these current uniforms, that is.

Yes, Sox uniforms have usually had some red (the only ones that didn't were the pajamas of the late 70's). Even the 1959 uniforms had a dash of red. I am not sure but did they wear black pinstripes then or navy blue? In any case I think those were the best of all. I like the current ones, but with only black the they don't "pop out", and to be honest they resemble the yankees.

Add a hint of red. It would be traditional, and it would hark back to the last time the Sox were in the World Series. In any case, as long as they keep the old english "Sox", I would be happy with the uniform. The old english "Sox" is what gives the team the identity and history.

CubKiller
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Whatever the new uniform's are, one version...should have numbers on the back without the players' names on it.

I'm all for this suggestion.

No names on the back, especially at home.

Hangar18
09-19-2003, 11:18 AM
No Way. we finally got it right with our uniforms, esp the blk jersey. keep it the same. I love the names on the home uniform, doesnt make it look so PLAIN.
I would however, make the HOME uni 3 color, with just a hint of Red outline on the letters and numbers. BlK numbers with red/grey trim

Lip Man 1
09-19-2003, 12:31 PM
I suggest an outfit with a yellow stripe down the back.

Lip

fhqwhgads
09-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

LOL!!

"Bitter, Party of one. Bitter, Party of one." :D:

Mammoo
09-19-2003, 12:41 PM
I have a splediforous idea; since the team's name is "White Sox" how about including white socks in the ensemble???????? :?:

MarqSox
09-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I think we could use a uniform change. We've had these uniforms for a dozen seasons now. I know that there has been some, dare I say, tinkering with the uniforms over the years (i.e., sleeveless jersey), but we need a new look.

And to those who have said our colors have always been silver and black, where have you been? The White Sox still hold the MLB record for uniform changes through the years IIRC. Red has been a prominent color in our uniforms through the years, but I do not want to go back to the look we had in the early '70s despite how much I liked that look.

Instead, I want to try something completely new. Well, I'd keep the English Sox logo. But I would get rid of the pinstripes on the home uniforms. I would replace black as the primary color with garnet red. Black would replace silver as the primary trim color. The caps would also change from black to garnet red. In terms of a general new color scheme, think South Carolina Gamecocks.

I would also consider a change to the font on the uniform names and numbers.
Sorry, I just don't get the attraction to red. We have enough of an identity crisis as it is, why change what works -- especially to adopt the primary color of the team with whom we share half our name? Keep red as far away from the White Sox as possible.

And keep these uniforms, they're about the only thing this organization has done right in my lifetime.

jabrch
09-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
The uniforms are fine the way they are - they just need an accessory to accentuate them. :D: But, I refuse to hold my breath on seeing that happen.

The perfect accessories for the 2003 sox would be collars and chokers.

jortafan
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
I have a splediforous idea; since the team's name is "White Sox" how about including white socks in the ensemble???????? :?:

The White Sox haven't had white socks with their uniform since the days of Bill Veeck. That was one advantage of those navy-blue and white uniforms they had in the late 1970s (that and the old-style lettering reading "Chicago" across the jerseys).

Every uniform design used during the JR era has used other colors for the socks.

A.T. Money
09-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

LOL.

jabrch
09-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
The perfect accessories for the 2003 sox would be collars and chokers.

Chokers, Collars and a bra and panties for many of them...

daveeym
09-19-2003, 01:28 PM
How about a RIP JM patch on the sleeve.

South Sider
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
No WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These uniforms are great....especially the black ones.

Changing some players would be much better.....lol

And please, if the uniforms will be changed

1. keep the colors
2. keep the english "SOX" style
3. never ever go back to the awful unis from 1987-1990

miker
09-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Actually, I don't mind the current jerseys and I really liked the 1917 and 1983 throwbacks in their limited roles. So when do they salute the '77 South Side Hit Men?

IF this were a serious discussion on changing the Sox uniforms and my opinion did matter to the management at 35th and Shields, I would vote for the 1959 threads: navy blue or black and white with just a touch of red and of course, actual WHITE SOCKS!

Of course, there would be some irony in this team wearing the "Go-Go" Sox uniforms when it usually needs a home run to score a runner from second or third with less than two out...

One more thing, no Cubbie barf blue. Thank you.

:gulp: