PDA

View Full Version : Give it a Name

LASOXFAN
09-19-2003, 02:06 AM
As a Sox fan being of unsound mind and ill-tempered spirit, do hereby declare the following:

**Paul Konerko shall henceforth be known as "DP" instead of "PK"

**A bad managerial move will now be referred to as "a Jerry"

**And lastly, this season-ending debacle deserves classification; a word or short combination of syllables that evokes anguish, shame and rage all at once. A phrase or word that will shut a Sox fan's eyes and shake his head in agonizing recollection. This wasn't just a bad stretch at a bad time, this was an epic fall. It deserves a name, something to be referenced in the years to come.

And please don't bother to bore us with tales of woe from seasons past (particularly 1983 vs. Baltimore).

I humbly open the floor for suggestions.

bc2k
09-19-2003, 02:10 AM
Junx. I mistyped jinx in the chatroom during the middle game of this series and some posters jokingly got on me for that.

If nobody likes junx, we could always go with the classic "Munson" from Kingpin.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
**And lastly, this season-ending debacle deserves classification; a word or short combination of syllables that evokes anguish, shame and rage all at once. A phrase or word that will shut a Sox fan's eyes and shake his head in agonizing recollection. This wasn't just a bad stretch at a bad time, this was an epic fall. It deserves a name, something to be referenced in the years to come.

how about:

The Curse of the Black Sox :(:

----------------------------------------------

I didn't lose faith in this team in May when they were legally declared dead, but after this road trip, even I have lost hope! :whiner:

Unregistered
09-19-2003, 02:18 AM
It is what it is...

The FALL of '03. :(:

LASOXFAN
09-19-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
It is what it is...

The FALL of '03. :(:

Like that. Maybe just '03.

can you believe that Mags, Frank and Clee didn't drive in a single run during this series?

We got domed.

adsit
09-19-2003, 11:30 AM
How 'bout Losing Ugly? Good Guys Go Slack? South Side ____ Men?

bc2k
09-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by adsit
How 'bout Losing Ugly? Good Guys Go Slack? South Side ____ Men?

That gets my vote: South Side S*** Men, or SSSM for short.

shane
09-19-2003, 11:41 AM
When referencing in the past tense:

Remember that Jerry-rigged team of '03?

harwar
09-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Something strange is going on when you kick the crap out of the yankees & redsox in their house and you get swept by the freakin twins.Bad luck..bad carma..bad manager..bad players..bad owner... whatever..its bad **** man..we went from a 2 game lead on wednesday to 3 1/2 back..if it is a curse maybe we should burn JR in effigy or u s cellular field and erase it.