PDA

View Full Version : The dead wood

lowesox
09-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Now that this painful season is officially over, I think its time we make a list of those this team would be better off without. Here's mine:

1) Jerry Manuel
2) Jose Valentin
3) Brian Daubach
4) Willie Harris
5) Billy Koch
6) Showenweiss
7) I don't think Colon is worth what he'll want
8) I don't think Loaiza will come close to repeating what he did
9) Adkins
10) Rios
11) Borchard

IF I'm GM, I'd eventually trade, fire, release away all of these players - because I think the other guys are championship types. These guys are not.

hold2dibber
09-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Now that this painful season is officially over, I think its time we make a list of those this team would be better off without. Here's mine:

1) Jerry Manuel
2) Jose Valentin
3) Brian Daubach
4) Willie Harris
5) Billy Koch
6) Showenweiss
9) Adkins
10) Rios
11) Borchard

IF I'm GM, I'd eventually trade, fire, release away all of these players - because I think the other guys are championship types. These guys are not.

Are you kidding? Looking at this list, it appears that you think the reason the Sox haven't done better this year is because of the back-up players. You really think Willie Harris was a reason for this team's failure? He never even plays! Same with Daubach, Schoenweiss (he wasn't even here in the 1st half when they really sucked), Adkins, Rios, Borchard, etc. The only player you list that ever even plays is Valentin. Getting rid of all the other guys wouldn't change a thing -- except, of course, getting rid of JM, which is the most important thing of all. I'll agree with you on that one.

RichH55
09-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

1) Jerry Manuel
2) Jose Valentin
3) Brian Daubach
4) Willie Harris
5) Billy Koch
6) Showenweiss
9) Adkins
10) Rios
11) Borchard

How does Konerko not make this list? Does he need to make 20 million a year and bat .004 ?