PDA

View Full Version : Historical Comparison

Leonidas
09-18-2003, 10:32 PM
I thought of this while watching the first few innings of this game...its like being in Germany in February of 1945, knowing the inevitable, waiting for it to happen. Some people just want it to be over, and some are hanging on to the last game. Well with KC on a roll and the happy hanky turf squad killing us, now I know what it was like to be at the losing side of a two front war.

Your hapless fan, still listening to the post game ramble.

duke of dorwood
09-18-2003, 10:34 PM
:jerry

In charge of the German war effort?

Leonidas
09-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Of course =) I dislike Manuel probably more than I dislike Hitler..ever watch the history channel, greatest blunders of WWII...Jerry Manuel has made mistakes worthy of Stalingrad and the Ardennes offensive.

Think about it, how many times has Manuel completely changed hte momentum of this team by his micromanaging?

MRKARNO
09-18-2003, 10:39 PM
:sahaf

"The white sox have destroyed the enemy! They have all but clinched the division! The infidel Twins have been brutally masacred!"

1951Campbell
09-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Right now the Sox are like the Japanese...during the few days between Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

1951Campbell
09-18-2003, 10:45 PM
BTW, I nominate the Tigers to be Italy in this historical enterprise.

IA_soxfan
09-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
BTW, I nominate the Tigers to be Italy in this historical enterprise.

I don't think you can realistically list the tigers as an ally of ours. They've smacked us around pretty bad this year too.

Leonidas
09-18-2003, 10:53 PM
I would think the Tigers would be more like France...the Sox swept them early, blitzing through....and then they got rolled over by the Twins and Royals as they were climbing back up the ladder. They never won anything and now serve as a launching pad for the final destruction of the Whitesox.

TornLabrum
09-18-2003, 11:08 PM
I was discussing this very topic with Jeff on the phone today and, and my conclusion is that Gen. Disarray most closely resembles Gen. George McClellan in the Civil War. No matter how many men and how much materiel he was given by Lincoln, George always needed more in order to win.

Gumshoe
09-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Leonidas ... my dad's name is that as well ...

I don't know too many with that name ... good job, Spartan

Gumshoe