PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the hat to the Twins


hose
09-18-2003, 10:21 PM
They swept the Sox and put a real hurt on our chances to see any post season play at the Cell.

The Sox had plenty of chances in all 3 games , but couldn't get it done.

I can't think of a team that have a couple of complete drillrods like Meinkeveiwitz and Periisnski . Detroit with Higginson and Fick came real close, but the Twins pair take the cake. That being said, both of those guys get the job done against us.

I may not like them but I do respect their gamesmanship.

duke of dorwood
09-18-2003, 10:25 PM
They get a moon shot from me-I wont tip my hat to a team that is 20-1 against Detroit-that means they are not good against anyone else

MRKARNO
09-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Well it's unfortunate that instead of cheering for a team in the playoffs, I will spend my time cheering against 2, possibly 3 teams (Yankees, twins and maybe the cubs)

hose
09-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
They get a moon shot from me-I wont tip my hat to a team that is 20-1 against Detroit-that means they are not good against anyone else


Duke they just got done beating us 5 in a row.

I don't think the Twins will go deep in the playoffs but they did come up big against us in the last 5, which were playoff like games. Plus we had Loiaza going twice and a red hot Colon.

THE_HOOTER
09-18-2003, 10:35 PM
You talk like having Loiaza going was a positive.

hose
09-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
You talk like having Loiaza going was a positive.


Last Thursday he was going for his 20th and was a lock for the Cy Young.

Loiaza had one bad inning during that game and gave up 4 runs in the third.

I don't bet, but I would like to have know what the line was for that game. The Sox had to have been the heavy favorites with Loiaza going.

hose
09-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well it's unfortunate that instead of cheering for a team in the playoffs, I will spend my time cheering against 2, possibly 3 teams (Yankees, twins and maybe the cubs)


Yankees vs. Twins......come on New York :D:

MRKARNO
09-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by hose
Yankees vs. Twins......come on New York :D:

I'd cheer for NY then for Boston/oakland/seattle and then for the NL team unless it's the cubs

greenpeach
09-18-2003, 11:35 PM
The Twins are a nice story because they don't have any stars, were about to be contracted & give hope to the small-market teams. That being said, they have no shot at the Yankees. It's New York vs Boston for the pennant. :gulp:

LASOXFAN
09-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by greenpeach
The Twins are a nice story because they don't have any stars, were about to be contracted & give hope to the small-market teams. That being said, they have no shot at the Yankees. It's New York vs Boston for the pennant. :gulp:

The Twins had a higher attendance than the Sox this year. Doesn't that make you want to puke?